AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Country
England
Region
Kent
as it says on the tin.

Want to get my my A600 up to 2 meg chip to further my whdload development please. UK sellers preferable but not required.

Re: WTB: A600 ram expansion

once again i keep missing these on e-bay.... so someone must be selling them!

no? :(

@ HH

Have you checked out the 2Mb piggyback chip hack for the A600 that first appeared on a1k.org and was translated into English by Zetr0 and myself? It's posted on EAB and OldSkoolUK.

The chips can be found on old 72 pin simms which are a darn sight easier to find than A601 expansions.

Attachments

• A600 2Mb.jpg
    A600 2Mb.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 0

you must be reffering to this:

http://aminet.net/package/docs/hard/Tabajara

whilst it looks like a very cool hack, i neither have the time, nor the confidence to attempt this atm!

A601s still nly seem to be selling for about £20-25 on e-bay with postage.... so it's not too much if you ask me - just a shame i keep missing them

Nope, the Tabajara is hacking a 72 pin SIMM onto the A600 expansion slot. The piggyback hack is removing two chips from an old video card (Cirrus Logic, S3 Trio etc) and piggybacking them over the original memory chips. Talk to Zetr0 on EAB about it, it's not that hard to do.

Here's the diagram that was posted on EAB:-

Attachments

• a6002mbhh.jpg
    a6002mbhh.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1

I'm interested in performing this hack but don't understand schematics, where do the two wires underneath the ram chips go?

They attach to one of the legs of the chips as per the attached pictures. The wires attach to pins 28 and 29 on each chip if I recall correctly. The pictures aren't great but you get the idea; Zetr0 can help you with how to do this. The thread is at http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=3 ... t=A600+2Mb if you need to read further.

no worries, i think i will be doing this hack myself thanks to Zetr0 helping me out with some chips ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom