Not open for further replies.

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Hello, I'm very new here, and recently returned to Amiga computers to play. However the A4000 that I won off of Ebay does not have a keyboard and I need to purchase one as I don't have a keyboard at all. I know I can purchase an adapter and use a PC Keyboard, but I would like to have a keyboard with the Amiga keys. Just makes me nostalgic back to the days when I had an A600HD when I was young... But if anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Nathan

Re: Wanted : A4000 Keyboard

Where abouts are you?

I have a USA layout in perfect order and fully working. I recently obtained a UK layout for myself. The USA layout is now spare.

Dave G 8)

I know this is a weird question, but how is the UK and US layout different? Both keyboards have the same character set right? Aren't they called Cyrillic or something like that? Like I said, just a weird question. Thanks for the help so far!

Nathan

Nathan,

A few of the keys are swapped over

USA
3 has 3 and #
2 has 2 and @
' has ' and "

UK
3 has 3 and £
2 has 2 and "
' has ' and @

I could have just got some key tops and swapped them over but I wanted a pure keyboard

Dave G 8)

Nathanieltolbert said:
Aren't they called Cyrillic or something like that?
No, Cyrillic is for Russian and East European languages.

Keyboard arrived today! Excellent communication with the shipper! I will buy from them again if they are selling. I think shipping might have been slow due to the holiday week here with American Independance day tomorrow, but I could be wrong. Waiting for this keyboard made it all that much sweeter. Thanks so much Dave G!

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom