Not open for further replies.

SimonLCFC

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Country
England
Region
Raunds, Northants (not Leicester)
Got myself a +3, got a SCART cable on its way, Zetr0 has very kindly offered to send a disk to test the refurbished drive, but one thing I completely forgot about is the tape deck.

If anybody has a spare, that'd be great. I doubt i'd need a power lead (I have a few of the standard 8-cables they use) and not 100% bothered about it being boxed or even the condition - obviously i'd quite like it to work though :)

(+3 cables would also be nice if anybody has spares, but they're fairly easy/cheap to source from ebay.)

Thanks in advance

Si

Cheers for the advice guys, but I don't have an iPhone (just a crummy android phone) and also, i'm going to be buying a fair few original cassettes.

Si

If Exilent doesn't manage to find one for you then I have a few and can let you have one

Cheers for the advice guys, but I don't have an iPhone (just a crummy android phone) and also, i'm going to be buying a fair few original cassettes.

Si

There is tapdancer for android - advertised as for the C64, but works great with Amstrad, Speccy and others ;)

If you want a cheapo lead making up, send me a PM, and we'll see how cheap we can get it ;)

I may well take you up on that offer. Wouldn't hurt to have an alternative loading method. Only thing that worries me is my phone audio. I've done this on earlier speccies with different android phones - all with varying degrees of success...

I'll send a pm when i'm done at work.

Cheers :)

Si

Si

There is tapdancer for android - advertised as for the C64, but works great with Amstrad, Speccy and others ;)

If you want a cheapo lead making up, send me a PM, and we'll see how cheap we can get it ;)

Arrrrggghhh, must get photo upload issues sorted:mad:, had to postimage link again:Doh:.

http://s22.postimg.org/s91q9t9ch/Tape_Decks_001.jpg

Anyway from left to right; WHSmith CCR 700, Ferguson 3T27, Sanyo M25116, Dixons SR6.

The first three all come with DIN connections as well as the standard ear/mic/rem sockets and Dixons one does not though, although I do believe that this particular model was once bundled with a Spectrum pack (which one I don't recall).

I'm happy to spare one of these but need the rest so please don't ask me to part with them all

BB

Arrrrggghhh, must get photo upload issues sorted:mad:, had to postimage link again:Doh:.

http://s22.postimg.org/s91q9t9ch/Tape_Decks_001.jpg

Anyway from left to right; WHSmith CCR 700, Ferguson 3T27, Sanyo M25116, Dixons SR6.

The first three all come with DIN connections as well as the standard ear/mic/rem sockets and Dixons one does not though, although I do believe that this particular model was once bundled with a Spectrum pack (which one I don't recall).

I'm happy to spare one of these but need the rest so please don't ask me to part with them all

BB

PM sent (y)

Hi Simon, found the datarecorder that goes with the cable, its a slipstream. Do you want it. 5 euro.

regrads, marco

Hi Simon, found the datarecorder that goes with the cable, its a slipstream. Do you want it. 5 euro.

regrads, marco

Sorry for the delayed reply Marco, i've received the tape deck from BluesBrothers :)thumbsup: btw!) so i'll not be needing another.

The offer is very much appreciated though :)

Si

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Si

Managed to get TapDancer semi-working with C64 prgs (t64 success rate isn't that high) but not that well with a lot of Spectrum software. I don't think my phone's sound quality is good enough tbh (i've had a couple of phones previously that had no issues when it came to this type of thing - converted TZX to WAV for instance, and had tons of games working.) Also, the tape socket on the +3 is a little loose, so that'll need soldering down as that's causing issues too.

Anyway, cheers for the advice; it enabled me to play a bit of Bubble Bobble on the C64 before my SD2IEC gets here! (y)

Oh, and this thread can be close mods. Got a great tape deck from BluesBrothers, and feedback has all been done.

Si

maybe try adjusting the volume on your phone?

ive only used a ipod classic though via a tape to cd adaptor and that works fine as long as i adjust the volume,it doesent like it set too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom