fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Some of you may have seen this over at EAB, but I thought i'd share it here too (y)

I recently aquired an Apollo 630 and have installed it in my A600 :D

Its running at 33mhz with 32mb Ram + 2mb Chip. I have a 4gb Microdrive running Bloodwych's awesome CWB ADV which runs very nice indeed, although I use 8 colour now for a nice speed boost...

Here are some pics :cool:

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7253.jpg

IMG_7252.jpg

IMG_7258.jpg

IMG_7259.jpg

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7261.jpg

Full speed speccy emulation on an A600 :ninja:

If only there was an AGA chip you could slot in there...

Enjoy the Pr0n (y)

Steve.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/fitzsteve/IMG_7836.jpg?t=1269644838

Nice 600, I got the same RAM expansion as you.
Always find myself looking on the SysInfo comments when I see pictures of it. :p

Thanks all (y)

This is by far my fav Amiga...

It's really nice piece of hardware. The smallest miggy available and it's really looks nice. It has almost the size of Spectrum, so it's ideal for Spectrum emulators.:p

Mighty mighty fine! Now, if only you could squeeze all that into a lappy case.. yummy! (y)

Imho, the sexiness of the A600 case is better than any laptop case :p

Your A600 is awesome mate!

Imho, the sexiness of the A600 case is better than any laptop case :p

Your A600 is awesome mate!

Thanks for the Kind words and I couldn't agree more with your first comment.

I'm going to set it up in the spare bedroom, somewhere to escape and enjoy some Amiga-time :ninja:

Steve.

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

I think you guys deserve some more Pr0n :ninja:

I took some new internal pics, with the Heat Sink in place and a better floppy drive, its out of my original A1200 and its a smaller unit so fits better next to the Apollo. Its been dry stored for years, I didn't think it worked but it just needed the heads clening :roll:

The Heat Sink is doing a great job, I don't think I will need any fan its not getting overly hot and its been stable for many many hours use (y)

IMG_7847.jpg

IMG_7844.jpg

IMG_7843.jpg

IMG_7842.jpg

Enjoy!

And someone get Zetro some Tissues :whistle:

/.... Isle 5, 6 & 7 are reserved for Zetr0 .... :mrgreen:

@ Steve

Very nice indeed m8y. (y)

Charlie

I think now is the time to squeeze a clockport adapter (IIRC, Vesalia still have those) and a Subway inside this puppy!

Thanks Kin Hell (y)

I think now is the time to squeeze a clockport adapter (IIRC, Vesalia still have those) and a Subway inside this puppy!

Now a USB CD Rom or USB Controller on my 600 thats the way forward!

Although I'm about to embark on a tower project I think I'll just be enjoying the 600 as she is for now :cool:

That is a very nice system you have there, I just love the 600s especially with the 630. :D
Cammy over on EAB did an awesome job with her 600 HERE. It might provide some inspiration for your USB.

That is a very nice system you have there, I just love the 600s especially with the 630. :D
Cammy over on EAB did an awesome job with her 600 HERE. It might provide some inspiration for your USB.

Yeah I've seen that and it was one of the reasons I wanted an A600!

Love the USB Num Pad, very cool (y)

I only like A600 for there footprint (small), this one is a nice one to have..

Not many people have an 030 in an A600!!

Still have one A600 in storage, if somebody decides to create super expansions at reasonable prices around it, I am ready.. (no not talking about memory)

Like the aga indivision click over all the chips and have an 68060 with serious memory, usb 2.0, (dream on) and legacy all kinds of ..

Oh nightdreaming, should get to bed..

Have fun with it, combined with a rom switcher it's quite usefull:nod:(y)

Have fun with it, combined with a rom switcher it's quite usefull:nod:(y)

This is the only part where things fall down, the 030 dosent work with the 1.3 rom & I don't see a way to disable the apollo without removing it unless anyone can shed some light on that?

Steve.

I think you guys will love my project...:whistle:

Stay tuned!;)

Back
Top Bottom