Sold or TRADE - ZX Spectrum 128k+ Toastrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
I am putting my ZX Spectrum 128k up for sale or trade/part exchange.

My spectrum is in quite good condition, comes with RGB Scart lead, original PSU. It has a new keyboard membrane installed, and an uprated regulator. The CPU and ROM have both been socketed by TC here for a uIDE upgrade, but unfortunately the case will not fasten together when the device is installed. The uIDE adapter is not included.

I am looking to trade for an Amstrad version of the Spectrum, the +2b or +3.

For out-right purchase of the Toast-rack, I'm looking for £80 £70 + p&p
For p/x with a 128 +2b, I'd want £30
For p/x with a 128 +3, I'd want £15

I can also add a tape recorder and the correct leads to the deal for an extra £10

Of course, I am VERY open to sensible offers over PM, and the p/x prices will vary according to condition.

Sorry about the dust on the thing - ruddy camera flash always picks that up :roll:

1280.jpg

1281.jpg

1282.jpg

1283.jpg

1284.jpg

1285.jpg

1286.jpg

1287.jpg

1288.jpg

tosh03.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mate,

I have a +2b here, clean and fully working with Scart lead/PSU, whilst I'm not interested in a trade (I already have a Toastie) I'd consider selling it to you.

I'm waiting for an IDE kit from Zetr0 and was going to sell it upgraded but I can sell it as is and sell IDE Kit when it turns up. Or you can wait and have it upgraded if that interests you.

I should also have the books/manual for it in the loft :)

I've tested it from Tape and also my DivIDE to load Games by the way.

Last edited:
@FitzSteve
Yes, sure. Thanks for the offer. If someone does buy my toast-rack before you get your uide adapter I'll certainly take you up on your offer :) I already have an IDE kit to experiment with, so am not looking for another one.

@FitzSteve
Yes, sure. Thanks for the offer. If someone does buy my toast-rack before you get your uide adapter I'll certainly take you up on your offer :) I already have an IDE kit to experiment with, so am not looking for another one.

Sounds like a plan, good luck! It's the ideal setup with a new membrane and Scart lead (y)

Now also listed on WOS...
I have also added the option of a Ferguson tape deck with leads for an extra tenner with the spectrum, making a great little "all you need" bundle

(y)

Declaring interest pending an idea on postage to the US:

Round Lake Beach, IL 60073

Thanks

Approx costings sent via PM.

With this machine, it may well be best not having the PSU sent and finding a replacement. The PSU is quite heavy and not compatible with the US mains supply.

Quick info from WOS on the PSU to source a compatible one:
Output: 9V DC, 1.85A
Centre Polarity: -ve

These work just as well with a standard 48k supply btw, fairly sure the extra amps are only used for the RS232/Keypad, someone please correct me if im wrong

While I know this is probably a pretty good deal, I'm going to have to pass this go around. It's not in the budget this month. Best of luck to whomever else is interested.

OK, you have me thinking now...... :unsure:

Please can you let me know UK shipping be on this one?

Russ

For just the Speccy, it's PSU and Scart lead:

El-cheapo is £5.40 via myhermes (3ish days)
Next day parcel2go via yodel is £8.10

Both are with basic insurance. If you want better or a different courier we can discuss in pm (y)

Payment received, thanks Bagpuss :)

As a note to the thread, I have opted against the cheaper option. I am sure I have read it here before, but they will not cover it in the event of loss or damage. Here is the reply I got from them when asking about sending a small computer via their network:

-----------
Unfortunately, as the contents of your parcel fall under the category of items excluded from compensation, if your parcel is lost or damaged it would not be covered.

Our delivery process includes a varied network of couriers, depots and sorting facilities. Throughout this process there are a number of occasions where the parcels will leave the care of our couriers and handlers to be processed via sorting machinery and conveyor belts. Because of this, there are some items we cannot cover for compensation.
----------

Needless to say, I won't be using them. I have noticed that it is not on Yodel's restricted compensation items list, and they are not that much more expensive - certainly the difference is worth it for piece of mind. It also works out cheaper going direct to them rather than via Parcel 2 Go. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom