commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Rating - 100%
22   0   1
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
I'm looking to sell my Apple IIGS now that I've nabbed an Amiga, as I'm running a little low on space. Included:
  • ROM 01 Apple IIGS with 1.25MB of RAM (256KB onboard plus the 1MB RAM card)
  • AppleColor RGB monitor
  • 3.5" 800KB floppy drive
  • CMS-II SCSI controller
  • 50MB SCSI hard disk, in external enclosure
  • Standard Apple keyboard and bus mouse
The hard drive is divided into a 32MB partition and an 18MB partition; the SCSI card allows booting from either. Currently I have a normal GS/OS 6 install on the 32MB and a more minimal install on the 18MB (for running RAM-heavy software like DreamGrafix.) I will also load the drive up with any PD software you care to name (and any abandonware that falls within the Amibay abandonware rules.)

As I'm in the US, this is an NTSC system. I'm asking $60 plus shipping for the whole deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no! I missed this. :) I've been thinking about getting a IIGS at some point. I would like to be next in line if the deal with dabone doesn't go through.

Thanks!

Heather

Due to Skydiving girls want of this, I'm withdrawing interest.
(I did make sure she really wanted it first)

The guy I was getting it for withdrew, so I was just going to get it and store it. Skydiving girl actually wants to use it.

Good luck.
Later,
dabone

Okay. SkydivinGirl, if you want to PM me with your address, I can work out shipping for you; while you're at it, let me know what you'd like loaded onto the hard drive.

Sending PM... :D

Heather

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Payment sent. :)

Heather

Item received today. Some damage to the system. PM sent to seller.

Thanks!

Heather

Attachments

• DSC00963.jpg
    DSC00963.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 0
Curse the shipping companies! Who do they hire to ship packages? Monkeys? It can't be considerate humans otherwise they wouldn't have a failure ratio of 80% package damage!

Well, this was partly my fault; I focused mostly on securing the monitor and not enough on the computer itself, since I didn't expect the shipping to be handled by untrained primates. I'm not going to make that mistake again >=( And I'm damn well going to collect the insurance from FedEx...

That corner of the system was located in the bottom corner of the box. The packaging should have been sufficient if they handled the package with any care at all. They must have dropped the package on that corner at some point. Because of the total weight of the package, the bubble wrap couldn't protect it from a drop.

I'll give you any information you need to file the claim.

Thanks,

Heather

Looks like I'd have to jump through a bunch of hoops to try to get an insurance claim on this so it's not going to be worth my time to do it. :mad: I'm extremely upset about this.

I think a little more packing or shipping items in separate boxes could have avoided the damage. All I can say is that everyone should pack these things like they are going to be dropped off a table because they probably will be.

Closing thread and leaving feedback.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom