.. . Mouse . ..
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Wirral
Hello all.

Here's a piece of kit I never thought I'd consider letting go.

Its a Design IT A3020/A4000 Ethernet Card. It plugs into the internal Ethernet socket found only in the Acorn A3020 and A4000 computers.
This one is brand-new (old stock), never used, and most importantly has the external adaptor (MAU) - these usually go missing and the card is useless without one! Better still; it's the even more uncommon RJ45 version - usually BNC.

Benefits:
You can network your A3020/A4000 and still have your internal 'podule' slot free for other upgrades.

Why?
Because I don't own an A3020/A4000 and after studying the schematics hacking this card into an A3000 isn't going to happen.
So I'm after a standard Ethernet mini-podule instead. (RJ45 version only please)

Like this:
ANT_Ethernet_10baseTMiniA.jpg

This one happens to be an ANT Ethernet mini-podule​

So:
Design IT A3020/A4000 Ethernet Card for a RJ45 Ethernet mini-podule (not BNC). Straight swap.

Mine should be working (as it's unused) but I can't test it. So I suggest if either card proves non-functional they get swapped-back.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't have the swap you want, but if you ever decide to sell it, I would be interested.

@ Charlie

Dammit! :Doh:

My A3020 has the I-Cubed Etherlan 200 podule in it (which I think isn't what you want) however, I haven't got the 10BaseT adapter for it, but they are fairly common. Is this any use to you...?

http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/Network/Pics/I3_EtherLAN200.html

R0jaws has maybe beaten me to the punch, with an offer to buy.

Hi chaps, thanks for the interest.

@r0jaws:
I'm most interested in a swap but if there's no takers I'll put up a price to buy...
...probably not fair of me to keep it when it's not being used.

@Merlin:
Kind of you to think of me. Not what I'm after, I'm afraid.

Just in case peeps are wondering:
My A3000's got a WE HD mini-podule with a full-sized network podule hanging out the back. (destined for my A5000)
The 'plan' is to get hold of an Ethernet mini-podule, plug that in place of the HD one and then wire the HD Mini-podule into the back of the network card.
That gets all the cards in-board and frees the external slot. I think the mini-podule bus has enough lines to address more than one card...

@sdg: maybe you were confusing it with a CBM A4000? That's an Acorn "Archie" Archimedes A4000 :D

Ahh! Thank you for clearing that up for me. :D Being from the USA, I don't know anything about the Acorns.

Take care,

Heather

Hi Heather,
Yes, sadly no Acorns in the US and to add confusion they were very keen to give their computers similar names to Amigas...
...hmm, I wonder why..?

It's rather strange and unknow unit to me to.. It sounds rather Brithish: BBC, archimedes:roll: I took some time to read about it, we used old pc's in schools, and yes the great C64, old apples etc..

CHange of Plan:

CHange of Plan:

Ok chaps,
I guess nobody has a mini-podule network card to swap for the above.

I probably shouldn't be sitting on hardware that others may find useful, so I'll bide my time on the card I want...

How about:
£15.00 + Postage to the first person who asks?

Small print:
It's new (old stock) so should be working but I don't have the hardware to test it.
Should it turn out to be non-functional then return for full refund.
(not inc postage)

Good, good - It's yours! :)

Do give me a PM regarding details.

Charles.

Unfortunately, as my deal with Rich has fallen through I will have to pass on this. :(

Hi,
I'm interested in buying the card as long as it's still available and you accept paypal payments.

Chief :)

Hi chiefwhosm,
Thanks for your interest. r0jaws has dibbs on it at the mo' but may have to pull out.

If you are in a position to be patient do keep an eye on the thread.

Regards,

3 weeks does seem to be a little long to be still wondering?

Kin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom