Closed Various Acorn RISC and BBC Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjbutler

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Cambridge & Ireland
I am selling various hardware Including acorn/bbc that I have collected over the last ten years or more. I live in Cambridge. I am willing to answer any queries and am open to offers for any of the items mentioned - my primary interest is to find a good home for most of this stuff more than to make a hefty profit from the lot!

Hardware

BBC Prestel Adapter
Never tested, quite big and bulky, but light. Three outwards cables: power, telephone socket and 5-pin RS 423 connector. For BBC Master 128 - £5

1 x Acorn Archimedes A3000
ARM2 8Mhz processor, running RISC OS 2, 1Mb RAM, 3 ½ “ disc drive. Has MIDI podule fitted. Believed to be working, needs testing - £15

1 x Acorn Archimedes A3020
ARM250 12Mhz processor, running RISC OS 3.11, 4Mb RAM. Needs testing - £10

Morley Electronics dual 5 ¼“ and 3 ½“ external drive for BBC Master 128. Very valuable today! Believed to still be working, but needs to be tested. - £25

Opus Supplies double 5 ¼ “ external drive for BBC Master 128. Case missing, only good for parts. - £5

(Prices do not include postage)

With best wishes

Richard.

I'm interested in the 3020, and a few games if you have them.

Interested in the A3000 depending on postage costs... any chance of a piccy please.

Thx
TC :)

Hello,

I am interested on this: "
Morley Electronics dual 5 ¼“ and 3 ½“ external drive for BBC Master 128. Very valuable today! Believed to still be working, but needs to be tested. - £25"

pm sent

bump_signs.jpg

I have sent a PM a few days ago, and today an email. He may be away for a few days, I'll update the thread if he gets in touch.

Richard has just Pm'd me on RCM to say that he has already sold the 3020. I'll let him update the thread with exactly what he has and hasn't got for sale.

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the long delay in responding - I am travelling a lot and I find keeping up to date with just my gmail inbox quite a challenge! I am surprised at the amount of interest, especially in the 3020 - so let me explain the current situation and I would appreciate any help or comments based upon it:

Firstly, I made a mistake in my PM to r0jaws yesterday when I said the 3020 is sold - in fact it is the 3000 (the older machine). I am not very literate on Acorn hardware anymore as you may appreciate, but I apologise for any confusion caused. I live in Cambridge, UK, but the hardware is in the attic of my house in southern Ireland, where I was recently visiting. I took some time to test the A3020, and here is what I found:

The machine turns on correctly, with the num-lock and power lights coming on. There is red screen, then a blue screen, and finally it shows up:

'RISC OS 2048K
Supervisor
* _'

I have no idea where to go from here, so I would appreciate any comments on what this means. I did type in 'desktop' and hit enter, but it said it didn't understand this comment. There is now a photo of the item online:

https://www.amibay.com/album.php?albumid=21&pictureid=175

The only other comment to make is that the small panel on the back (the 'podule' panel?) is missing, where presumably a podule would have once been. If I manage to find this cover I will report back.

Hopefully some constructive comments will be forthcoming. Apologies if my replies are delayed, as I said before there is little I can do about this, but I do appreciate all helpful comments and queries.

Best wishes

Rich.

I would love the A3020 if no one else gets it! How much for shipping to Canada? Thank you! PM Sent!

Usually when an Acorn stops at the supervisor prompt, it has something to do with the system settings. Those settings are held in CMOS RAM, which is backed up by a battery. It could be that the battery has gone flat and thus it can't remember the settings correctly.

You could try a delete power-on by pressing and holding the delete key while you switch on the machine. That should reset the CMOS RAM and might enable the machine to boot properly.

Unfortunately, as we can't seem to find a courier to ship the 3020 from Ireland for less than £54 I'll have to pass. :(

Jr..
I am interested in A3020 if still available.
Can you send to Greece?
Thank you
PM sent...

Last edited:
hiii

hiii

is the a3020 still available?? i know its been a while, but im interested in it. any info would be great :)

Hi,

I am having trouble testing the A3020 properly, and the postage from Ireland seems especially expensive. Therefore, I think it is best if I say the A3020 is not for sale any longer - but thanks everyone for your interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom