Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Scotland
Hi,

I have got an IEEE cable on order for my 8096 disk drives for my "new" PET 8096

The next problem is that I don't have a copy of the LOS96 disk - does anyone out there have a PET 8096 and a copy of the LOS96 disk please?

I know there is a compressed file available on line, but I don't have a way of writing it to floppy disk.

Which leads to another question, how do people get foreign files onto PET formatted disks and/or what removable storage solutions are available these days to replace/compliment the PET floppy drives? At this point, I don't have any software for it or a means of getting it :-(

regards
Dave

Hi Dave
What disc system do you have,
3040 drives are compatible enough with 1541's to allow creation of disks from prg files or d64 images.
If you have the 8050 then you are in trouble as these drives are 500k per side quad density and not compatible with any other system.

TC :)

Last edited:
Hi,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have the 8250 - the double sided version of the 8050.

I did know that they were not compatible with the 1541, but hoped that there might be someone that still has/uses them,

regards
Dave

Hi Dave

I have both 3040 and 8050 and have yet found a sure way of creating suitable disc images for the 8050..
If I get a breakthrough you will be the first to know.

:)

Sorry for butting in and please ignore me if I'm barking mad!

Could you use an SFD1001 on the c64 - these are compatible with the 8050 I believe.

Maybe a lot of messing required to get the files copied across but with rr-net, you have access to the images from ftp and just have to find something to write them back from the c64.

Hi Dave

I have both 3040 and 8050 and have yet found a sure way of creating suitable disc images for the 8050..
If I get a breakthrough you will be the first to know.

:)

I'll wait with bated breath then :LOL:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for butting in and please ignore me if I'm barking mad!

Could you use an SFD1001 on the c64 - these are compatible with the 8050 I believe.

Maybe a lot of messing required to get the files copied across but with rr-net, you have access to the images from ftp and just have to find something to write them back from the c64.

Not barking mad -well, not totally anyway :)
The machine is a PET, rather than a C64 - not sure if your comment still applies ?

regards
DAve

Yep, I saw its a pet, but I have the SFD1001 and could theoretically write a 8250 image if I had the RR-net interface and something to write the image back to a disk (the physical SFD1001 connected to the 64 via iEEEE adapter - or alternatevly connect the 8250 to the 64 via iEEE adapter).

The issue here would be getting the software for a 64 which will create the image from .d64 type image (or whatever the pet disk uses). The images would be sitting on the FTP so there wouldn't be an issue with storage.

Just had a quick google and found this:

http://6502.org/users/andre/petindex/drives/progs/index.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom