Asking the questions because I DON'T KNOW
VIP
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
After a hiatus of about 10-15 years, my old gaming group are starting up a Forgotton Realms campaign in the good old 2nd rules. Looking for some of the rules books, but especially Forgotten Realms source books.

Let me know if you have anything, you're looking to get rid of :)

Still looking for a lot of the FR source material :)

Last edited:
That's great mate. I used to play AD&D (2nd Edition by TSR) as well, 20 years ago. It was really fantastic, especially if you have an experienced DM to play with.

i got really lucky a couple of years back, a guy in Edmonton who had a small home business selling various things like vintage computers and consoles and software as well as board and role playing games decided to wrap it up and sell off his remaining stuff @ 70% off...

i think i scored about 20 modules as well as the City System and Campaign Set, and each time i ordered he 'threw in' a few items that for whatever reason hadn't sold (or hadn't even been listed as far as i could tell) like the bindered set of the Monstous Compendium 1 (incomplete :p)and a perfectly good copy of Dark Sun: The Ivory Triangle

when i bought the Star Trek Role Playing Game off him he threw in the Star Trek III Starship Combat Roleplaying Game, which was also pretty cool...

played D&D since i turned 11 ('81) and got that pink Basic set (and a friend also got the blue 'Expert' set)....tho not in quite a long time...

oddly i still have in my dice bags the 6,8 and 12 siders from that original set i got in 81...

Those are awesome side gifts :D

AD&D went off the rails with 3rd edition, going all super heroish. We're sticking with 2nd, with some house rules added here and there. Still have my original red D&D Basic books, that I got when I was 8 or 9ish.

Hi,
I have the City System boxed set for sale (it details Waterdeep.) It's in near mint conditions, all maps included; I ask £25.
The box is quite heavy though, so shipping to Denmark is going to cost between £5 and £10. If you are interested, I can check the exact prices.

Cheers,
Antonio

Those are awesome side gifts :D

AD&D went off the rails with 3rd edition, going all super heroish. We're sticking with 2nd, with some house rules added here and there. Still have my original red D&D Basic books, that I got when I was 8 or 9ish.

yeah, i have several of the hardback resource books from each set...i try and grab them any time i see them in the thrift stores (or a good deal in a book store, but thats rare these days)

from the first edition i have the Players Handbook, DM Guide and 2 copies of the Fiend Folio,

from the later 1st edition (orange spine) i have the Players Handbook, Monster Manual, MMII (2 copies) and Unearthed Arcana.....this is my favorite edition of the lot...

i also have various books from the next 3 sets (i have Players Guide, DMs and Forgotten Realms Adventures from early 2e), but the later 1st editions were the ones that came out when i was still into D&D, and were such nice books.

never really got that much into Forgotten Realms, or Ravenloft for that matter....i always wished i'd gotten a copy of World of Greyhawk....which i guess was the earliest campaign setting...

you can check here if you'd like a peek at my RPG stuff :)

http://rpggeek.com/collection/user/SaviorX

Last edited:
Hi,
I have the City System boxed set for sale (it details Waterdeep.) It's in near mint conditions, all maps included;

PM incoming :)

- - - Updated - - -

never really got that much into Forgotten Realms, or Ravenloft for that matter....i always wished i'd gotten a copy of World of Greyhawk....which i guess was the earliest campaign setting...

Opposite for me. I love to delve into the rich material for Forgotten Realms, while Greyhawk says nothing to me :) Unfortunately I never find any RPG stuff in second hand stores here :(

Hi,
I have the City System boxed set for sale (it details Waterdeep.) It's in near mint conditions, all maps included;

PM incoming :)

- - - Updated - - -

Opposite for me. I love to delve into the rich material for Forgotten Realms, while Greyhawk says nothing to me :) Unfortunately I never find any RPG stuff in second hand stores here :(

i suppose for me, in the case of Greyhawk, it was just one of those things out at the time i was big into it, that i just could never seem to afford...

its largely the same with my collection of video game and computer stuff...just things i wanted that we could never afford when i was younger...

when 2e came out...around 1989 i guess it was, and subsequently Forgotten Realms, i had started to move back to board gaming....as the board games coming out started to be a lot more 'robust', such as Blood Bowl....Supremacy..Axis & Allies...Fortress America..etc..

Last edited:
horry clyst, i was in one of the thrift shops today.....do Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance and Ravenloft novels suck? cuz....they had about 200 of them.... :p

if i was into AD&D novels i would've found a score i suppose.....

I find the storylines in some of them are good, but I'm a fan of the setting, so take that with a grain of salt :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom