Not open for further replies.

christopherpm

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Country
Scotland
Region
Highland
I have for sale some sets of CDTV Extended ROMs, and can offer the following versions:-

2.7 (last official Commodore CDTV release)
2.30 (official release from Commodore - made primarily for the A570 but works on CDTV - HOWEVER - if you don't have a floppy drive attached to your CDTV, then the CD splash screen has a red tint)

*UPDATE* Cloanto have now released a CDTV specific V2.30 which no longer has the red tint on the splash screen. Although I can supply V2.7 still, I would suggest V2.30.

Installing these ROMs is very straight forward - they are direct replacements for the originals in positions U34 and U35, and allow you to upgrade to Kickstart 2.0x and above, and also will allow you to boot from hard drive.

£17.50 (as PayPal gift) per set inclusive of postage within the UK, £19.50 (as PayPal gift) per set posted outside of the UK. If you would prefer not to pay with PayPal as a gift, then please add £1.50 per order to cover fees.

NOTE: These are officially licensed, and you will be sent a COA sticker with individual serial number which you can register online.

Last edited:
What is actually the difference of 2.30 and 2.70 ROMs?

2.07? Are you sure? I know that they are 2.70 ant not 2.07.

Which is the one that won't give the red screen if the disk drive is not connected ?

2.31 is also no red screen, but is illegal as it is no official Commodore rom but a hacked one...

I can confirm:-

2.7 (the last official CDTV release) gives no red screen
2.30 (the A570 release) works in CDTV, but as it was made for the A570, expects a floppy drive and gives a red screen if no floppy is attached

could anybody please confirm it once and for all which one is the newest officially released version, also can i ask people who are not sure to refrain from posting because you're making it confused, and possibly scaring away potential buyers, thank you.

could anybody please confirm it once and for all which one is the newest officially released version, also can i ask people who are not sure to refrain from posting because you're making it confused, and possibly scaring away potential buyers, thank you.

2.7 was the last official release specifically for the CDTV
2.30 was the last official release for the A570, but is also compatible with CDTV - but the spinning disc slash screen is tinted red if DF0 is not present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom