Not open for further replies.

jboatno4

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Central Oregon
Going through some stuff today I found some old 3" disks. 2 of them, I believe have +3 software on them, as follows:
  • Sorcery +, by Amsoft (1983)
  • TLL, by Vortex Software (1985)
Both say RUN "DISK", then press ENTER on the labels.

I have no idea if the software is on the disks or if they have been re-formatted. They are in hard plastic cases, but without instructions, etc.
I bought them for use with a Timex Disk Drive system but never used them.

$15 for both.

I know just the disks themselves are valuable so if someone wants to try their luck on software still being there, or just want the disks, send a PM. Shipping will be from the USA.

Last edited:
Hi There,

You need to state a price for your items to comply with site rules.

Steve.

I suppose that could be, I don't really know. I made an educated guess from my purchase of them many years ago. The disk themselves don't say what system they are for.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a photo of the 2 disks.

View attachment 78320

- - - Updated - - -

I've done some searching and have found that you are correct about Sorcery+ - it is a CPC game, I have not been able to find TLL on any system list so far.

Not sure what to do at this point. Seems that I have these listed in the wrong forum and I don't know if: I can move them, I should re-list in the Amstrad forum, or just forget the entire thing.

Seems I should be more careful and do some research BEFORE I list anything in the future.

From what others have mentioned, anyone reading this will probably see that they could be either Amstrad or Spectrum +3 game disks. Your photo hasn't come up though so its a case of hit and miss as to which system they were for, your best bet is to leave the thread where it is and alter the first post to mention that you are unsure which system there were for.

Good luck with the sale and if you could add a picture again, it could help decide ;)

Last edited:
These disks are for Amstrad CPC for sure, the Spectrum doesn't load disk with RUN "DISK"

For some reason there is a link to the photo. The photo loads when I press the link.

The link to the photo comes up with :-

[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Has anyone else had success in viewing the picture? (it may be on the original computer that sent it or be of the wrong format)

For some reason there is a link to the photo. The photo loads when I press the link.

Thread moved and I can't see the picture either.

Trying the photo again...

Attachments

• amibay 003.jpg
    amibay 003.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 2
Sourcery+ is obviously Amstrad ;) Great game too!
TLL isn't bad either. Amazing 8 way scrolling, both blisteringly fast and smooth. Who says a Cpc cannot scroll well. ;)

Two cracking good games (if they are what they say they are) but I have them both already.

Last edited:
Still going through 3" disks and found these:

amibay 003.jpg

As seen - disk on the left says "Condor 1" on the end and has hand-written text marked out on the top. The disk on the right is Word Wiggle. Both have plastic cases (partially shown). I do not know what system these are for but will add them to the current listing.

Again, I do not know if any of the 4 disks have actual games or if the files have been erased, corrupted, etc. That risk belongs to anyone who wants these. The price stated earlier ($15 USD) stands for all 4 if it covers shipping cost to you, slightly more if not. Paypal.

I have never used a CPC or PCW system. I did own a ZX Spectrum +3 briefly once so that is most likely where my confusion comes from.

I bought a lot of 3" disks in the 'way back times' for use with Timex disk drive systems, knowing that the standard had become 3.5" and the 3" disks were no longer easily obtainable. I am still going through the disks. Most are used, but some are new in original shrink-wrap. So far I have found Amsoft, Maxell and Panasonic disks.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm interested in buying the disks - how much would postage cost to send them via airmail to Sydney, Australia?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom