Please post every time you get an usb device working on the deneb or a deneb card working!

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
For the informed:

Please post every time you get an usb device working on the deneb or a deneb card working!
(short enough?)

(product type please! (if possible))(where to buy(if possible))(pic, if possible)

For the non informed:
The deneb is an usb card expansion card for classic Amiga computers, the version on display is the bigbox Amiga 2000-3000-4000 version. It sports highspeed mode to. (usb 2.0)

Basically it adds “the cheap world of mass market usb devices”, on the software side this is done by the Poseidon USB stack, a serious USB implementation.

All the software you need is on the card, but there is more up to date software available, at the time of this post.

It features 2 external USB ports and one internal USB port. (internal has external type connector)

You can find the USB stack (poseidon) to download below.

For detailed info look at the manual and the home pages. The rom featured part is flashed with a program called Luceferin so the needed version is on the usb stack website.

Bonus on the card:
Clockport = A1200 expansion port. (cheap hardware, but not very fast)
Rom= you can put some software modules provided with luceferin, like noclick, noide etc..
Installation software show's up in workbench with the config jumper on. (older version in my case)

If you are new with it, please take the time to read the manual, you'll be a more happy user in time.

Made it happen:
Hardware: Michael Böhmer :bowdown:
Software: Chris Hodges:bowdown:

Usefull resources:
http://www.e3b.de/usb/index_e.html (home of the Deneb, E3B product page...)
http://www.platon42.de/index2.html (home of the USB stack with updated version)
http://amiga-manuals.xiik.net/hardware/Deneb%20-%20Manual-ENG.pdf (manual)

Feel free to add, it's our party not mine (y)

I'll add some pics to since I had some questions in the past. (it was my first bigbox card, I even did not know the orientation)

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

This USB dvd rom drive works for reading dvdrom and cdrom.

(writing not tested) (no audio out!)

I bought it in a local shop, so not very usefull, but full product id in picture.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Only for the low power devices, an unpowered hub, bought cheap from fm-shop.de at low tax rate 6%. (no law men can blaim me, i am in eu)

I have exactly the same USB memory stick! :)

(and sorry for being blatantly off topic :roll:)

the Linksys USB200M usb->lan adapter works perfect :)

33xx26d.jpg

This thread is an excellent idea, unfortunately I don't have a Deneb to test anything out but it would be great if there are a few contributions on here. :)

Thanks, I think we need something like this. It re-assures that certain devices do work..

I already build up a small stock rj45 ethernet and sound china adapters, but since my A4000 is a real *********** (let's call it failed dream project) I am going for the A3000 desktop..

Pic 1 - Sandisk MicroSD -> USB adapter - OK
Pic 2 - Old style white Apple keyboard and integrated USB hub - OK
Pic 3 - New style low profile white Apple keyboard - Failed

Attachments

• sandisk.jpg
    sandisk.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1
  • apple_old.jpg
    apple_old.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
  • apple_new.jpg
    apple_new.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes I like that USB/LAN solution too OzAMICD32. See lots of Wi-Fi ones about too. Handy since my modem already has Wi-Fi. I wonder if those would work with Deneb?

Going to have a good think about one of these Deneb cards in the new year as it seems a much cheaper route to go online with rather than going for the Mediator/PCI net card combo. Although that would be very nice to have.

@Geraldine: you know you can use both at the same time, right?

The Mediator Di have both PCI & Zorro slots.

Yes I do know that, it just the cost of the Mediator that is putting me off it for now :(

Ordered a Mediator 4000Di back in October from Elbox.

No response to emails, past the expected shipment date and they won't reply.

If it ever turns up it'll be the first and last dealing with that company.

Back
Top Bottom