kipper2k

Rating - 100%
198   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Ontario
Hi All,

Title says it all. I have built a budget 1mb chipmem board for the A600. It will be ready in about 3 weeks. there will be 2 prices for it, with/without the RTC circuit

k601mb.jpg

Price will be $34 US with clock circuit and $29 without the clock circuit components. The battery is a CR1220 and cannot be included due to mail restrictions.

Last edited:
Nice work Kipper2k, thanks for continuing to support the community with your excellent products :)

Sounds good, however both my 600s already have chipmem expansions in them so I won't be getting one of these (at least for the moment). One of them I even paid big bucks for on ebay, but that was before I knew Amibay existed and that you could actually get stuff for Amigas at reasonable prices. :)

Since shipping can be expensive it is always nice that you can offer multiple products for future customers.

will you be taking a look at the A1200 ?? ram or cpu/ram addons ?

Hi All,

Title says it all. I have built a budget 1mb chipmem board for the A600. It will be ready in about 3 weeks. there will be 2 prices for it, with/without the RTC circuit

View attachment 79719

Price will be $34 US with clock circuit and $29 without the clock circuit components. The battery is a CR1220 and cannot be included due to mail restrictions.

I was just about to order your old model, right this minute! I'm new to Amiga, so I have to ask: What is the RTC/Clockport good for?

I also read that the 4mb ram expansion would speed up the Amiga by 30%. So what about the 8mb expansion? Would that speed up the Amiga600 even more?

RTC means real time clock. Mean your Amiga's clock will keep running even while it is off. Useful if you are running from HDD and care about time stamps on your files. Otherwise it does not make a difference.
Clockport is for attaching peripherals like the RapidRoad USB controller. The clockport is standard on the 1200 motherboard.

The reason the fast mem expansion will speed up the Amiga is because chip mem is slow as it is shared with all the custom chips. The custom chips cannot access fast mem so the CPU will be able to work faster when the program is running from fast mem. Whether you have 4MB or 8MB does not make a difference here, however if you are using WHDLoad, 4MB might not be enough for some larger games to enable preload of the game (much faster than swapping out and loading during the game).

Last edited:
Thanks Crash,

I also added one more bonus item to the final board, hopefully it works, i think people will like this extra feature :)

Hi,

Cd32?. I have adapters for the MKI and MkII but not the CR version, Jens changed the size of the connectors for that version and i never got an updated board done yet

Last edited:
Hello Kipper, nice work! Is this the news you announced on your webpage?

I think my A600 is on the way soon and this board is candidate for extension. Can someone explain me how much Chip and how much Fast for best ECS software compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom