Not open for further replies.

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Hello everyone. I am clearing out some of the duplicate machines I have in my computer collection and came across this machine. I took some pictures of it to showcase the case quality. It's yellowed, but there doesn't appear to be any major damage or scratches that I noticed. I tested an external Mac SCSI CD-ROM and an old printer to make certain the those ports work. The ADB bus port works, but I cannot say about the appletalk port. I did test the audio out and it works excellent too. The board has an additional 16MB of Ram installed but it doesn't have the extra VRAM. I have never found any of that. It has the hard drive it came with which is roughly 80MB and it does take SCSI. I don't have a matching keyboard for it nor do I have a mouse, but I will post a picture of the three different types of Macintosh keyboards I have. I will note that two of them have detachable ADB cables, and I only have the one that I use, so I cannot send it with the keyboard and I have one (one!) ADB mouse, which I have to switch from the IIgs and the Macs when I want to use them so I don't have one of those either. This is the standard LC III so it is a 030 at 25mhz. The FPU is not populated either. It does have some sort of Network card installed, but I couldn't find any information regarding drivers or the manufacturer. It has MacOS 7 installed and working on it. Please look at the pictures below. This sale is just for the main unit and a keyboard, as I have no spares of the mice or a monitor to go with it. Please take a look at the pictures below and let me know if you are interested.

Asking price is $35.00 plus shipping. Unfortunately due to shipping costs, and the fact that it actually has a replaced (a year and a half ago) PRAM battery I cannot ship this internationally. I will take pictures of the three different keyboard types so one may be selected by the interested party. I will say that all keyboards I have are Yellow and dirty, but on the keyboards I can remove the Keycaps from, I will clean the keyboard before shipping it. Thank you for taking a look and have a wonderful day!

Regards,

Nathan

lc3front.jpglc3top.jpglc3inside.jpglc3CPU.jpglc3pram.jpglc3crystallancard.jpglc3boot.jpglc3systeminfo.jpglc3test.jpglc3test2.jpg

Last edited:
Here are pictures of the keyboards that one can be selected from to go with the LC III. Please look at the pictures below. As i mentioned above, the keyboards are yellow and dirty, but 2 of the 3 keyboards I can remove the keycaps and clean the keyboard to get the dirt and dust out of, but the third one has those strange recessed keys and I'm not certain I can remove them and clean them. Thank you again for taking a look. Have a great day!

Regards,

Nathan
applekeyboard2.jpgapplekeyboard.jpgapplekeyboard5.jpgapplekeyboard3.jpgapplekeyboard4.jpgapplekeyboard6.jpgapplekeyboard7.jpgapplekeyboard8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Pity the shipping costs are crazy

I know I can still run the check for you if you like. The prices seem to go through the roof but thankfully this little guy doesn't weigh a massive amount maybe 15 pounds with the keyboard. I will weigh it and check.

-Edit- You are right, shipping is killer USPS lists it at $94.60 Granted that is at an estimated shipping weight of 15 pounds, which is with the heaviest keyboard, so the lighter keyboards will weigh less and it may weigh less based on the weight of the box and the packing materials. Less shipping cost than the estimate will of course be refunded. :)

Last edited:
Thanks bud, but i cant justify the shipping cost.
It's a gorgeous machine...

I'll stick with my GS for now..

You just have to make an international trip to the US, you could just make a stop in Kansas City. I would send you off with an Amiga 2000 and a monitor and you could pick up the LC III while here. :p

Last edited:
Whats the cheapest we can ship this mate, no extras or keyboards needed apart from an ADB Mouse :)

Wow, I am terribly Sorry about that Kneehighspy. For some reason I did not get a notification that someone had responded to my thread. Invariably I don't have something set up right for it. Through the US Post the price to ship it is listed as 22.47 at the estimated shipping weight of 15 pounds. If the shipping is less I will refund the excess shipping money. Would you like me to get UPS and Fed Ex pricing as well?

Wow, I didn't see your post either Corfiot. I'm terribly sorry. Let me box it up and see what the actual shipping weight would be. For safety should I remove the PRAM battery and wrap it separately?

Okay the machine bare with packing weighs 13.5 pounds. Shipping to Wales is still an astronomical amount of 91.65. I understand that inflation is a thing, but for the price to double in two years on international shipping costs seems more like an artificial inflation than a natural one. It's frustrating to me because I want anyone who is interested in anything that I am selling to be able to buy it, but when the shipping cost is double the actual price, that makes it too cost prohibitive. It stinks. :(

Price has been dropped to $35.00 If wanted I can reformat the machine to a flat OS 7.1 install. Price has been updated in the original post to reflect the price drop.

Regards,

Nathan

Sorry for the delay to responding. I have been out of town and just recently got back. This machine was donated to KansasFest. I need to close this thread now. Again I apologize for the delay in responding, but I did not take my laptop with me and my phone does not play nice with this website. I apologize for this coming up after someone has posted interest. I don't know how to mark this, so if I can get some assistance with that I would be appreciative.

Kind Regards,

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom