Closed Cartridge port connectors for VIC-20 and VIC-1001 (also used with the Apple I Mimeo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eslapion

Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
44 pin TRW Cardcon, NOS (New Old Stock).

TRW 252-22-50-100.jpg

• Part number is 252-22-50-100 50-44SN 1
  • Date code is 8445
  • Has 0.156" pin spacing
  • Gold plating
  • Perfectly new unused items

This type of connector is compatible with the VIC-20, VIC-1001 and the Apple I Mimeo.

Asking 3.50 Euros (or 4$US) each, 3 Euros (3.50$US) each if you buy 10 units or more. I have 50 in stock.

Shipping to Europe/Australia/South America is 8 Euros (or 9$US), shipping to the US is 7$US.

Equivalent new component is Vector R644 which sells for more than quadruple the price.

See:
http://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/vector-electronics/R644/V1062-ND/38974

Last edited:
Price dropped to 5 Euros, 4 Euros if you buy 10 units or more.

Important note on shipping: price DOES NOT increase when you order many units: Ordering one or all 50 units will cost the same price for shipping so the more you order, the more you save.

Added edit:
(this post is obsolete) price is lower now!

Last edited:
Are the pins angled 90 deg. for PCB through-hole mounting like the original connector? On the picture it looks like they are straight?

Are the pins angled 90 deg. for PCB through-hole mounting like the original connector? On the picture it looks like they are straight?
They are straight but they are easy to bend and they will not break.

On my own 3 port expander, I made the last connector flat by bending them 90 degrees.

Price dropped to 3.50 Euros, 3 Euros if you buy 10 units or more.

Important note on shipping: price DOES NOT increase when you order many units: Ordering one or all 50 units will cost the same price for shipping so the more you order, the more you save.

For people who want a drop-in compatible match to the VIC-20 internal cartridge port connector with 90 degrees angled pins, Digikey sells connector EBM22DRAS from manufacturer Sullins Connector Solutions. They are listed at 7.34$US.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom