Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
bit of a noob question but i cant seem to find the answer.

got whdload (latest version) all working fine

if i go and find the game manually and run the icon im instantly greeted with the whdload spalsh screen and a few seconds later the game,

now, with iGame if i run any game it says "writing to disk please wait" takes about 20 seconds of heavy disk activity and then im greeted with the whdload splash screen as usual and few seconds later the game appears.

now my question is how do I disable igame "writing to disk please wait" and just run the game ?? why does iGame feel the need to buffer to disk a game that's already on disk..

is there a setting I can point this to RAM: or even disable it ?? as i don't want excessive writes to my CF card or wait the extra 20 seconds.

thanks.

Writing to disk (I think) is it updating the stats for the tabs such as "games most played" etc

thankyou will save on my Amiga later,, over 3000 games so thats why it was taking so long..

Yes,,, thankyou,,,, straight into the game :D Thanks.

now all i goto do now is work out how to slow down the Vampire 2,

some games are way to fast (monkey island 1), state of the art demo. its like the vsync is missed or the game code can complete twice within a few lines of copper code and repeats.

also some games run slower than a Real A600, Hybris and Virus. (also tried of real FDD , same slowness)

Doom runs nice enough :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom