Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Everyone,

The first batch of these sold out so I'm taking pre-orders for a second batch. I need at least 20 pre-orders before I will commit to the run.

*IMPORTANT* I am not collecting money until I have 20 units reserved. At that time, I will send shipping quotes and payment details. Parts will not be ordered until I have received money for at least 20 units. If you want to reserve a device, express interest here then send me a PM with the quantity, full name, and shipping address.

The design of this device was originally created by vimfuego.

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35657

The C8D Joystick Switcher swaps joystick port 1 and port 2 on Commodore 8-Bit computers at the push of a button.

** Use in a flat Commodore 128 may require part of the metal housing of the C8D's joystick connector to be trimmed.

Features:

- Switches both the digital signals from the joystick and the analogue signals for the mouse or paddles.
- Remembers the last swap state when turned off and resumes that mode when the C64 is turned on again.
- Provides ESD protection for the C64's CIA's as there is no direct connection from the C64's ports to the joystick inputs.

Differences in my version:

- Blue PCB
- Blue Push Button
- Red Diffused LED
- Open Source 3D Case (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1350202)

I'm excited that COREi64 is designing the case and releasing it as an open source file so anyone can download and print the case for themselves. He will also offer the case for sale along with all the other great 3D printed products he offers. These cases will also work with the original C8D switchers that vimfuego sold. You can also contact COREi64 to buy a printed case.

Cost: $30 - One Assembled Ready to Use Device. Sorry, no kits.

Shipping:

One device with packing materials weighs 5 ounces. Each device weighs about 1 ounce. The International rates may be slightly different depending on the country. An accurate shipping quote will be sent once I have your address and number of units.

$6.80 - USA Shipping Small Flat Rate Priority Mail
$9.50 - Canada - Up to 8 Ounces
$13.50 - International - Up to 8 Ounces

Thanks!

Heather

This run looks like the following except the LED is now a red diffused LED:

Original units by vimfuego:
Final.jpg

Last edited:
PMs replied!

These are also being sold on Lemon64. With your units, we are half way to our goal of 20 reservations. :)

Heather

I've reached the pre-order goal and sent payment requests to everyone who expressed interest. Parts will be ordered once I receive payment for the pre-orders. I'll update the thread as the project progresses.

Heather

I still have units available if anyone wants to get in on the pre-order.

When I sent payment information to everyone, I told people in the USA that their package would be shipped First Class International. That part actually only applies to International shipping destinations. All packages sent to USA recipients will be Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Boxes with insurance.

Thanks,

Heather

Nearly everyone has paid so I'm ordering parts. I am going to take a chance and order enough extra parts to make the same number of devices as the first batch. This means I have plenty available for anyone else who is interested in a switcher.

I'll update everyone as the project progresses.

Heather

All the parts have arrived and assembly will begin this weekend. I will begin shipping the pre-orders in the first week of April. Thanks again everyone for your support!

I am not taking more orders until after all the pre-orders have shipped. I will open a new thread for the remaining devices so please do not express interest here.

Heather

A quick update for everyone. I've made a lot of progress on assembly of the devices. I need to clean flux residue from all the devices, attach the LED and push buttons, then program and test the devices. After that, they will be ready for shipping! I plan on getting the pre-orders packaged this coming weekend then ship them on Monday and Tuesday.

After the pre-orders are shipped, I will open a sale thread for the remaining devices and contact those who have contacted me about buying a device.

Thanks!

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom