A beginners guide to modding

rs2klee

Country
U.K
Region
London
Internal Floppy drive LED mod.

hi all, just a small mod that i wanted to do for a while and finally did it.. as i have been opening up the A1200 to fit a couple of things i noticed that there was an LED on the internal floppy drive and was hidden away, soo me being me i thought id move it so it can be seen. It does not behave like the Floppy LED on bank of 3 POWER, FLOPPY, HD LED`s ect. this is more of a data flow LED compare to the power LED that you allways see.

So bought a hot glue gun, "Thanks to Blankstare :)" a bit of old wire from a pc`s power LED and made this little mod. heres the youtube of the LED working in tandom with the power LED as you can see they work different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL1F2_uwaVI

Thought it as fun to see them working together. :)

The video clip i was copying contents of a floppy drive to the cf hd card :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
It seems like a nice mod but I can't tell because the pictures are HUGE! I'm using a full 1080P monitor and can't see the pictures. You should really resize them or attach them instead. (y)

Heather

simply brilliant and brilliantly simple ;)
Very, very nice.

Grtz, PymerOne.

/rates this mod 10/10

thumbs_up.jpg

Good job mate! :)

It seems like a nice mod but I can't tell because the pictures are HUGE! I'm using a full 1080P monitor and can't see the pictures. You should really resize them or attach them instead. (y)

Heather

Fixed :) pics were taken HD widescreen.. should have changed it for the forum! I deleted from the provider and re uploaded smaller 800x600 pictures.

@rs2klee

Thank you so much for taking the time to redo the images! The post looks so much better now. (y)

Very nice job on the mod. Everything looks very neat and clean! :D

Take care,

Heather

Back
Top Bottom