Merlin and his MAGIC

Witcher1979

Banned
Country
Westleton, Suffolk, UK
Region
Suffolk
I want to start of by saying my Camera does not do this justice at all. It looks fantastic in the flesh.

My Amiga was pretty yellow, it was pretty depressing to be honest. Then I had the luck of doing a deal with Merlin to get some retr0bright action.

Here is the picture before it was sent away to the master:

Pretty grubby aye, and it had some black keys where I broke the others :Doh:

I packed her up and said farewell until the day arrived when she was returned to me and here she is in her full glory:

The pictures still make it look like its a tad yellow (crap camera) but it's not, in the flesh she looks amazing.

Merlin went above and beyond on this for me. He even tracked down my phone number then phoned me just to double check what keys I had missing. He replaced my keys and did a wonderful job. This is a bit of a big up Merlin thread I know, but I am so happy with the work he did I think he deserves it (y)

Merlin thanks buddy.

Lookin' good Jimbo & awesome job Merlin (y)

Great setup you have there mate, you're doing my old Bliz1230 proud :cool:

Yes indeed it is great stuff, I have one restored A1000 and one restored C64. It is magic

That A1200 is looking great

The only thing I will mention, I've read (not sure how true this is) but it seems that sometimes Retr0brighted Amiga's go yellow again quicker then one thats not yellowed yet. So I'd suggest a nice cover for it, I use an A500 cover (not the clear type one, that allows no light to get to my nice white plastic) :cool:

Steve.

The only thing I will mention, I've read (not sure how true this is) but it seems that sometimes Retr0brighted Amiga's go yellow again quicker then one thats not yellowed yet. So I'd suggest a nice cover for it, I use an A500 cover (not the clear type one, that allows no light to get to my nice white plastic) :cool:

Steve.

Ah ha I forgot to mention, its had acrylic or lacquer put on it to stop that. I think Merlin will have to say which one it was (I have no idea hehe)

Cheers

That's our Merlin for you. A proper Alchemist, he is. :)

Tob job, guys!

(y)

Awesome work indeed :)

I really need someone to do this work to my A500 Plus, my first and beloved miggy, unfortunately yellow, that i am fully revamping these days.

How could we reach Merlin?
Would be glad to pay for a nice restoration work.

Looks very very good indeed but....
i like when it looks LIKE NEW, all this work by Merlin
is amazing (y) but one must have all the time and love to
do it that way - it is cheaper to buy a MINT Amiga or 64
than to do all this work and in the end it looks "only" good!
Just my opinion folks!

:cool:

Looks very very good indeed but....
i like when it looks LIKE NEW, all this work by Merlin
is amazing (y) but one must have all the time and love to
do it that way - it is cheaper to buy a MINT Amiga or 64
than to do all this work and in the end it looks "only" good!
Just my opinion folks!

:cool:

It looks like new in the flesh, the camera is making it only look "good"

Looking at her with your own eyes she looks "New" :)

Ah ha I forgot to mention, its had acrylic or lacquer put on it to stop that. I think Merlin will have to say which one it was (I have no idea hehe)

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Did you use a lacquer with UV protection?

Chris :coffee:

@ Chris

Yes, I did; most auto acrylic clearcoat lacquers these days include a UV protectant, either a blocker such as Tinuvin or a up/downconverter, that converts UV light to another wavelength where it does no harm.

As long as it keeps oxygen away from the surface, it's good. A UV blocker is just a cherry on the cake.

That looks lovely, great job Merlin! I'd be chuffed to bits with that one Jimbo :)

Back
Top Bottom