Mega Everdrive - An SD device for your SEGA Mega Drive [REVIEW]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Everdrive - An SD device for your SEGA Mega Drive [REVIEW]

Well what if I told you there was a device out there which enables the playing of pretty much every single Sega Mega Drive, Genesis, Sega Master System and 32X game through a single cart based SD in your Mega Drive! Welcome to the Mega Everdrive, a very interesting product sent to us by RetroTowers for review.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2014/1...megadrive.html
    IndieRetroNews
    Amiga 1200 + 4GB CF + ACA1232-25mhz/128mb

The Mega Everdrive is MEGA

I've got one myself, as well as a SNES Everdrive, NES Everdrive, GB Everdrive, and GG Everdrive. All excellent...excellent carts.

Comment

Originally posted by Astral View Post
      The Mega Everdrive is MEGA

I've got one myself, as well as a SNES Everdrive, NES Everdrive, GB Everdrive, and GG Everdrive. All excellent...excellent carts.
      Nice!

We are hoping to get the SNES Everdrive in next year for review, but that depends on RetroTowers
      IndieRetroNews

Comment

Just one point that's not obvious from your post here, I didn't check your link to see if you correct it, but you still need a 32x to play those games, you can't just play them on a standard md. Also with a 32x fitted, you can't play the master system games.
        Last edited by r0jaws; 19 December 2014, 17:35.

Comment

The in-game save/load state menu also doesn't work with the 32x fitted

Comment

Originally posted by r0jaws View Post
            Just one point that's not obvious from your post here, I didn't check your link to see if you correct it, but you still need a 32x to play those games, you can't just play them on a standard md. Also with a 32x fitted, you can't play the master system games.
            You still need a 32X fitted, as for the further test I can't say without having a 32X. Just being honest

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by scrappysphinx View Post
            The in-game save/load state menu also doesn't work with the 32x fitted
            Without a 32X to test we couldn't add that to the review
            IndieRetroNews

Comment