No announcement yet.

Acrylic cover for Amiga 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to this, count me in also!

Comment

Well if there is a list put me on it.

Comment

add my name to any list as well. Excellant looking!!!

Comment

Declaring interest.
          Compliment very beautifully implemented.
          Provided that you should produce this acrylic sleeve, I would buy two pieces

Comment

that's a damn interesting project
            you can count me in

Comment

It took a bit of time but we finally managed to produce 1 prototype and 10 pre-series, see pictures below.
              Please note the parts are in Spain and I'm in Australia so I don't have more shots of them at this stage.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
              Proud owner of all existing models of Amiga except A3000T...
              By the way, anyone has a A3000T for sale?

Comment

So if the design is completed, the prototypes look fabulous, but some details in the production solutions needs to be improved for a larger order (we have ideas...).

On the area of the cool stuff, I also have had some packaging boxes and shipping boxes being made to fit... and they are pretty cool! ?

Being made in Europe, the boxes will soon ship to Spain as well to meet their contents. ?

Like all cool stuff for our hobbies, price-wise it's been a strong learning curve... Lot's of the money went into the first prototype and into the packaging - something to improve on the serial production... if I decide to launch a bigger batch, which really I'm not sure at this stage.

The result anyway is astounding; I will put a "sales"post up soon for the few pre-series models left after my friends pick the 2 or 3 they want for themselves.

I also have to decide where to sell from. Obviously shipping everything to Australia and then distributing back from there will increase costs but I can't ask the manufacturer to ship as I need to control the QA of the products. So it will be from France or from Germany. Stay tuned.

Later, I will put another post up for a pre-order of larger batch, to figure out if the interest is there beyond the few people who have replied in this thread (thanks to all). I probably won't launch another production run is the interest is below 40 pieces (I'm aiming at 50).
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                Proud owner of all existing models of Amiga except A3000T...
                By the way, anyone has a A3000T for sale?

Comment