Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown my blizzard 1260 cpu card by error help needed

Hi all
    I got a blizzard 1260 card here which has now it has blown I will tell you how this happened.

First I plug in the card in the CPU slot in my tower setup, first it was working fine, then after about 1hr or so I started getting crashes and freezing display, when I rest the computer it didn't always reboot and restart it would just have a black screen or different colour screens.
    First I thought that the CPU socket need a clean on the motherboard and on the card itself, I did that it didn’t help at all, still had same issue, I did try this card on a different A1200 motherboard as well just in case it was the motherboard, still no luck.
    Seconded, I thought maybe the pins on the CPU connector Has a cold joint so I re flowed them using flux as well, still no luck, I thought it might have been a ram issue so I put another ram simm in but still same issue of freezing and crashing.
    I did notice though if I press on the card itself it was working again but soon as I let go it was freezing again.
    So I re flowed the CPU and ram socket just in case it was them with the issue, (see photo 1)
    I did notice though if I pressed on the microchip in top corner of the card was working again (see photo 3) so I re flowed that as well think it was that, but still no luck kept freezing.
    Then I thought it might be some yellow caps on the board so I re flowed them as well and I Also re flowed the mach111 chip, the one next to the microchip only the top set of pins facing the SCSI connector (see photo 4)
    But when I try the board then in my Amiga there were 3 small ferrite beads got fried with smoke (see photo 6) near the regulator
    I did look to see if have bridge a connection with that mach 111 chip but haven’t seen any bridge at all, I know it’s that area which caused the ferrite beads to burn as the connection for one of the pins on that mach 111 chip lead to the bottom pad of those ferrite beads
    I have removed them off the board but as you can see it has taken the pads with them (see photo 5)

So do anyone know if this can be repaired?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by amigat; 11 October 2021, 20:42.

Contact statchu100, he has done lots of repairs and updates to both Apollo and Blizzard cards. He might be able to help you out.

Also shout out to hese, he too does great work.
    Last edited by miggymad; 11 October 2021, 21:50.
    Amiga A1200 (Vampire V2) - Vampire V4 SA - PC Engine Everdrive - C64 SD2IEC
    What did the barista call her face mask? A coughy filter!

Comment

hi, I can't find any user called 'statchu100' on here, is he on here?

Comment

hi, I can't find any user called 'statchu100' on here, is he on here?

Comment

I believe Statchu100 was on here before the great upheaval to vB 5, but I too can not find him on the member list now.

Fear not tho, he can be found elsewhere - English Amiga Board for example under the same username.
          Amiga A1200 (Vampire V2) - Vampire V4 SA - PC Engine Everdrive - C64 SD2IEC
          What did the barista call her face mask? A coughy filter!

Comment

• David25
            David25 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just spoke with him 7 days ago on Amibay so he use it Txt him and wait find him in old posts he use amiga org as well but im no luck with create account there :/
            Last edited by David25; 28 October 2021, 12:41.

okay, guys thanks for the update

Comment

https://www.amibay.com/member/1445-stachu100

His profile mate
            Last edited by David25; 28 October 2021, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by amigat View Post
              okay, guys thanks for the update
              .........>>>>>https://www.amibay.com/member/1445-stachu100<<<<<<<............

Again this spam error no way his profile

Comment

Originally posted by David25 View Post

.........>>>>>https://www.amibay.com/member/1445-stachu100<<<<<<<............

Again this spam error no way his profile
                Thanks
                i just sent him a message

Comment

Thanks
                  i just sent him a message
                  no problem

Comment

hi guys, i don't know who to contact but the message system is not working correctly,
                    i send a message and the other person can't see the message it's just blank box, same if they send me a message it's just a blank box

Comment

if i am not to upload this photo, i will delete it
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Last edited by amigat; 31 October 2021, 17:00.

Comment

hi guys, i don't know who to contact but the message system is not working correctly,
                        i send a message and the other person can't see the message it's just blank box, same if they send me a message it's just a blank box
                        When you've selected the message in your Inbox or Sent items have you tried 'Open in VB Messenger'?

This allows you to see the trial of messages and should show if any are blank or not.

It worked for MiggyMad and me earlier

Comment

Originally posted by davideo View Post

When you've selected the message in your Inbox or Sent items have you tried 'Open in VB Messenger'?

This allows you to see the trial of messages and should show if any are blank or not.

It worked for MiggyMad and me earlier
                          yes i have tired in 'open in VB Messenger' it's the same just blank box

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment