My Daughter builds an 8 bit fignition computer.

Successful creation of a geek at such an early age. Congratulations! ;)

:LOL:

Just remind her never to throw it away or lose it in a house move. Otherwise she'll be hunting for one of them in 25 years time and end up paying the price of a small car to get that memory back!

Inspirational

It's so easy to forget how things have 'moved on' since we were kids ..

I'll need to organise something like this for my kids, congrats to you both! :)

Nice one dad and daughter! :)

Your daughter has done an excellent job there Phil, you have every right to feel very proud (y)

You also know that there is a down side to all this don't you :roll:
You will be chasing after her in a year or two for a loan of your tools when she has borrowed them (unless you buy her some of her own for birthdays etc) (y)

....and just like that, I have a new project on the way (hopefully) :)

Cheers fatbob!

I've just added a board to zetr0's order as well :LOL:
To good to resist building that.
We should consider a bulk buy of the logic chips from Futurelec as they are a good cheap source.

TC (y)

Any updates? what is she up to these days? Any more projects? :LOL:

Revisiting this has actually sparked an old curiosity of mine...

I'd love to understand, and I mean truly understand, how we get from a few bits of silicon and components to computation and an on screen display.

Can anyone recommend any reading material that will walk me through an understanding? I should be due a bursary for books sometime next month. (y)

Revisiting this has actually sparked an old curiosity of mine...

I'd love to understand, and I mean truly understand, how we get from a few bits of silicon and components to computation and an on screen display.

Can anyone recommend any reading material that will walk me through an understanding? I should be due a bursary for books sometime next month. (y)

Try to find something about very early processors, like the Intel 4004 or maybe the MOS 6502. In the Commodore - a Company on the Edge book, I found the first chapters about how they designed and built the 6502 the most interesting... The design of those chips shouldn't be too hard to understand for someone with today's knowledge about computers.

Congratz man! Lotsa kudos both for your daughter and you for having the patience and teaching her how to proceed.

Great inspiration by all means! /respect

Back
Top Bottom