Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryce
    replied
    Hi Supernova, if Peter doesn't have any left, I might just have a PCB left over from the batch I did way back then. I'll check tonight and let you know. I can solder it up for you, but I doubt I have any backplates left

Bryce.

Leave a comment:

• supernova777
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterNY View Post
    The MIF-IPC-B is now available as a bare PCB for self completion / build: https://www.lo-tech.co.uk/product/mif-ipc-b-pcb.
    im looking for one of these cards trying to get a second one, i have one already, but i have two mpu-401 bob's and only one mif-ipc-b card
    if anyone is selling a fully assembled card im interested - i also need a backplate for my first card.. if anyone can help me with that
    please msg me thanks so much!!
    and thanks again to all who have helped make these types of hardware available for those of us interested in exploring the mpu-401

Leave a comment:

• PeterNC
    replied
    The MIF-IPC-B is now available as a bare PCB for self completion / build: https://www.lo-tech.co.uk/product/mif-ipc-b-pcb.

Leave a comment:

• supernova777
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterNY View Post
    wow theres a throwback.! i used to LOVE that show.. i forgot all about it.. i remember being so hyped up when the intro to the show came on!! i was probably like 6-7 years old when that show was on the air

Leave a comment:

• SkydivinGirl
    replied
    I installed the card in my XT tonight and I'm now playing King's Quest 4 with amazing MIDI sound. Thanks for the excellent work Bryce and thanks to Keropi for answering my endless stream of MIDI questions in PM. :P

Heather

Leave a comment:

• SkydivinGirl
    replied
    Perfect! Thanks for the information. I'll give it a try tonight.

Heather

Leave a comment:

• keropi
    replied
    The Roland "standard" is IRQ 2( it cascades to 9) and address #330

Leave a comment:

• Bryce
    replied
    Hi Heather,
    glad you like the card. The original cards didn't actually have DIP switches, the settings were hardwired, so I assume they have to be as following: I/O = Off-Off-On-On-Off-Off (I/O address is then &330 to &337), The IRQ has to be INT 2/9 (the first switch) ON and all the rest off. These were the permanent setting for Roland equipment. I just added the DIP switches because (A) it was possible and (B) It might make other things possible such as using multiple cards in one machine or even using it with other hardware expansions.

Bryce.
    Last edited by Bryce; 30 October 2014, 11:54.

Leave a comment:

• SkydivinGirl
    replied
    Hi Bryce!

Great work on the card. I just picked one up and was hoping you might be able provide information on the DIP switch settings. I believe the IRQ one is simply turning one switch on for the IRQ and the rest off, but I'm not sure about the settings for the Address switches. Would you please give me a quick rundown?

Thanks!

Heather

Leave a comment:

• Bryce
    replied
    Cool

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem Motorola DynaTEC 8000X mit Tapatalk 2.

Leave a comment:

• sir_beaker
    replied
    Not sure if it already got mentioned but did anyone else notice this thread got referenced on Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPU-401

Leave a comment:

• PeterNC
    replied
    Good point. Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Bryce
    replied
    Cool that everything worked out fine. I don't think you should be mentioning prices/price trends here though

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem Motorola DynaTEC 8000X mit Tapatalk 2.

Leave a comment:

• PeterNC
    replied
    Prototype #2 and 6 manufactured PCBs arrived today and are all confirmed working. I want to thank Bryce for his excellent design and engineering skills!

This concludes Project MPU for now. With the Bryce and NL replicas there is now ample supply of MIF-IPC-As. And this year has seen more OEM MIF-IPC(-A)s on eBay than ever before.

The value of BOBs has also gone up.
    Last edited by PeterNC; 29 September 2014, 16:18.

Leave a comment:

• PeterNC
    replied
    Update: 3 manufactured cards have been sold. 1 manufactured card and 1 manual prototype is in NY. 6 manufactured cards and 1 manual prototype will be / are en route to NY.

Leave a comment: