This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well at one point I might get me one of my own.. if the price is right

how about making it yellow ?.. not retr0yellow, but real shiney yellow..

or navy blue.. shiney
    Commodore Magazines, manuals, books and other goodies : http://retro-commodore.eu
    Get Compact Flash Rescue disk here http://www.retro-commodore.eu/files/...05)(Tomse).zip

Comment

Originally posted by Tahoe View Post
      Soaking the chip in Lemon Juice? Does that not hold too much sugar? I always use cleaning vinegar to clean boards. Cleaning vinegar has no added flavouring. Maybe a little like distilled malt vinegar (the clear one, not the brown one )
      It's OK, Tahoe; Andy is using the right stuff as I advised him to use it.

Lemon juice (or more correctly, Citric Acid) is used quite widely in metalplating and engineering as a metal brightener, especially for Aluminium and it's alloys. I saw it used extensively at BNFL Springfields, for brightening and cleaning Al/Mg alloy Magnox fuel cans for Wylfa nuclear power station - they always came out super shiny!

Science bit over.....
      The future's so Retr0bright, I gotta wear shades.....

As rkauer said:-
      "Retro computers seems like an orgasm: it is always better to have a real one than fake it".

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
        It's OK, Tahoe; Andy is using the right stuff as I advised him to use it.
        ...and a damn fine job it did, too! Thanks again Merlin, 'tis greatly appreciated!
        Thinking about accelerating your A1200? Check out my buyer's guide.

Projects past and present: Amiga 2000/030 | Amiga 3000/040 | Amiga 4000/060

Comment

Andrew, what about doing just Retr0bright on the front fascia and spray the original colour on the metal case parts?

An A3000 is a beauty machine, please quit the idea of changing it.

Oh, and a bit of sandpaper on the indentations can make it look less battered.

My £0.02.
          David Bradley made Ctrl+Alt+Del, Gates turn it mandatory
          16 Amigas at home
          3x C= 64
          1 VIC-20
          8 PC (argh) at least one is an AROS/Amithlon unit

Comment

Originally posted by rkauer View Post
            Andrew, what about doing just Retr0bright on the front fascia and spray the original colour on the metal case parts?

An A3000 is a beauty machine, please quit the idea of changing it.

Oh, and a bit of sandpaper on the indentations can make it look less battered.

My £0.02.

My thoughts exacty. My 2 cents, AUD, ... converts to about £0.01
            Amiga 1000/500/2000/3000/600/1200/4000/CD32, and a C64

Comment

OK, so a black A3000 doesn't appeal to you guys? Even if I changed the LEDs for blue ones???

Well, I've given the old girl the acid test today. She's been playing Frontier: Elite II for the last four hours and is still going strong. I've been amazed at how much nippier it feels than on my other Amigas. Fantastic stuff!

Now, back to selling computers (Amigas of course) to desperate people at the Galileo spaceport!

Comment

Andy,

If black is a no-go, nip down to Halfords or a local motor factor and get some Austin Rover Old English White acrylic aerosol paint. It's the best match for PC case beige / off-white that I've used to date.

A quick respray of the metal case and Robert is your father's brother.

"Retro computers seems like an orgasm: it is always better to have a real one than fake it".

Comment

Andy,

If black is a no-go, nip down to Halfords or a local motor factor and get some Austin Rover Old English White acrylic aerosol paint. It's the best match for PC case beige / off-white that I've used to date.

A quick respray of the metal case and Robert is your father's brother.
                  Cheers, Merl. That might be for the best. I fear that if I spray the A3000 into black, rkauer might jump on a flight to the UK and come round and beat me to death with a club.

Meanwhile, I'll get back to Frontier. I just upgraded my ship, but forgot to buy an autopilot. Manual docking is such a pain in the proverbials!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLandy View Post
                    Meanwhile, I'll get back to Frontier. I just upgraded my ship, but forgot to buy an autopilot. Manual docking is such a pain in the proverbials!
                    Commander Jameson is spinning in his grave at that comment!!

If you really wanted to get Rkauer on the plane, threaten to put Atari badges on it!!

Comment

Well, I've given the old girl the acid test today. She's been playing Frontier: Elite II for the last four hours and is still going strong.
                      so thats what "brb" means..

Cheers, Merl. That might be for the best. I fear that if I spray the A3000 into black, rkauer might jump on a flight to the UK and come to drink me under the table.
                      Sound like a party we are all invited to

Originally posted by Merlin
                      Nice tip, thanks

and it's to the Ferrari shop, and the colour should be Yellow.. I repeat.. Yellow !!

(or Navy blue)
                      Commodore Magazines, manuals, books and other goodies : http://retro-commodore.eu
                      Get Compact Flash Rescue disk here http://www.retro-commodore.eu/files/...05)(Tomse).zip

Comment

Commander Jameson is spinning in his grave at that comment!!
                        With the way I play, it's amazing that he's not in his grave after that manual landing.

Comment

Well, I've given the old girl the acid test today. She's been playing Frontier: Elite II for the last four hours and is still going strong. I've been amazed at how much nippier it feels than on my other Amigas. Fantastic stuff!
                          Oh, alright, go on. Yes, you can have a photo:

Comment

is that a Carlsberg you have in the lower right of the photo ??

and yay.. more pics

we love them

Comment

Originally posted by Tomse View Post
                              is that a Carlsberg you have in the lower right of the photo ??

and yay.. more pics

we love them
                              Yup. That's a Carlsberg. "By appointment to the Royal Danish Court"

And yes, I know you all love the pics. I'll keep 'em coming as long as you lot want to keep seeing 'em!

Comment

Cheers, Merl. That might be for the best. I fear that if I spray the A3000 into black, rkauer might jump on a flight to the UK and come round and beat me to death with a club.
                                No, I'll jump on a plane and beat you to death using an At***, those things must have an use, as they don't work as computers.
                                David Bradley made Ctrl+Alt+Del, Gates turn it mandatory
                                16 Amigas at home
                                3x C= 64
                                1 VIC-20
                                8 PC (argh) at least one is an AROS/Amithlon unit

Comment