Mystery hardware Pr0n project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery hardware Pr0n project

There is something i wanted to make for years.
    A project that's both glorification of Commodore legacy in high tech way, and a usefull gadget for home or office (maybe even a car).

I will not reveal what it is (until it becomes obvious), but I'm sure you will find this thread both interesting and surprising.

I'll document every step of the way to a final product, taking sugestions and improvement ideas from you along the way.

I'm starting with two prototype boards and a...
    ...piece of wood?!?
    Attached Files

Hmmmmm.......I wonder what it is! Let's see........mystery amiga modder
    A1200(NOS), V1200,128mb RAM, 40gb HD---->CoffinOS r.56
    A500 (My first love!)

Comment

A novel way to start a thread.

You have my attention.......

Comment

Where's Rolf Harris???

"G'day mate ...Can you tell what it is yet?"

Comment

@Elerion: that's not just any kinda wood, it's balsa. So, any chance of a modelling project, or a replica of some uber-rare Amigoid/Commodorian device??

Comment

It's not another home-made walker project is it?

Comment

@rojaws: naahh, i doubt it.. Unless there's more balsa where that came from, and some bigger-footprint electronics to go with it. And a lot of extra generic hardware items. Which reminds me there's stuff to be done..

Comment

Originally posted by salaxi54 View Post
                @Elerion: that's not just any kinda wood, it's balsa. So, any chance of a modelling project, or a replica of some uber-rare Amigoid/Commodorian device??
                Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Elerion View Post
                  Yes!
                  I feel enlightened already! (Actually I'm still completely in the dark over this) looking forward to see what comes out the end!
                  Thinking about accelerating your A1200? Check out my buyer's guide.

Projects past and present: Amiga 2000/030 | Amiga 3000/040 | Amiga 4000/060

Comment

It's fine as it is. Just add varnish and hang it in the Tate museum!

...somebody would buy it I'm sure.

Comment

@Elerion: are the two boards for the same construction, or are you building this x 2?

Comment

@Elerion: are the two boards for the same construction, or are you building this x 2?
                        It's actually two different devices that function together.

I haven't decided on the size of the device(s). I would like to make them as small, and as light as possible.

If I go with 1:3 of the original size I'll probably have to make custom boards.
                        If I go with 1:2.5 of the original size, these test boards will do just fine.
                        If I go with 1:2, I'll need bigger boards.

Decision will probably be based on size of parts I recently ordered from China. The dealer didn’t know their measurements. Or didn't understand what the hell I was talking about. But: "If they not work, we send another with no extra charger."

Since I don't need charger at all, we agreed on a deal; even though I have no idea what will I receive.

Comment

Haaaaaahaaaaa, you could always accept the "charger" and offer it over at the recycle area!
                          I'm beginning to think this is some form of external A500 or A1000 expansion device....

Comment

After mentally sorting out problems I may encounter along the way (yes it did hurt), I decided to do this the proper way.

- Strict 1:3 size ratio of the model. (Chinese parts I ordered will create a problem that I cannot solve, so I went with another solution.)
                            - Thermoplastic (ABS) instead of balsa will be used. (Balsa is too fragile and too soft, and I don't want this to be "look but don't touch" thing. It must be "feel free to take it and play with it" thing.)
                            - Custom boards instead of prototype ones. (It will be quite cramped inside the model.)

So please ignore the picture on the first post, until I take new ones.

Comment

Hmmmm... Interesting! Looking forward to seeing what it is!
                              A1200D Project: - http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=8107
                              Neo Geo AES: - http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=15819
                              PC Engine GT (Game Tank): - http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=19999
                              PC Engine: -http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=355890
                              Dreamcast: - http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...290#post634290

Comment