Amiga and Game Gear Recapping Services & Refurbished Amiga's UK Based

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Yes i saw the negative feedback on Ebay (My first I must add) and as you have highlighted yes I did forget (I am human) I also have boards coming in from all different avenues not just Ebay, Ebay was the only one I offered to remove the modulator as part of the service.

When you have a stack of work you get into a pattern and I oversaw your one came from ebay which I apologised and was honest with you, I offered a gesture and it is only a gesture and again as I explained the majority of the cost of the work is parts, materials, labour and return postage. Removing the Modulator is a 60 sec job so £2 was I felt was gesture worth the mistake.

If its major issue and the whole job was hanging on the modulator being removed, return the board and I will do it, not an issue!

Thanks!

Originally posted by Retroactive View Post
    Received A1200 board back from AmigaPassion/Retroheaven87 today after having a premium recap...

The description of the premium recap includes "Removal of RF Modulator".... Upon checking the board, the RF Modulator was still there!

After PM'ing AmigaPassion/
    Retroheaven87, he said that he "must have forgot" to remove the RF Modulator and by way of apology, gave me a partial refund of a whole £2.00...
    Commodore Amiga Recapping and minor repairs to the entire Commodore Amiga range also Apple, Sega, Nintendo consoles and computers. - Check out our work on Facebook, Instagram and our website - www.retropassion.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MMaximus View Post
      sent Commodore PC40-III motherboard today as per PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]156460[/ATTACH]
      Received Mobo yesterday, works done, everything working great - thanks for the great service!

Comment

@Retroheaven87

Do you do the lcd upgrade meaning reduced battery usage in addition to the recapping service you provide for the Game Gear?

What would the price be? Thanks.

Comment

@RetroPassion

I sent my SEGA Game Gear for recapping and RetroKai replacement backlight for fitting as per my PM on 07/01/2021. Royal Mail 'Track & Trace' shows it as delivered on 09/01/2021.

Comment

@All

Thread moved to correct Sub Forum

Comment

Paid for and collected Game Gear yesterday. Very pleased and good as new. Also dropped off my original boxed Matrix chip modded PS2 slim and assorted Japanese/American backup discs (4No.) to test and calibrate the laser which has been skipping in-game music or being very slow loading DVD-R and CD-R media.

I’ve never got it to recognise Twisted Metal Black NTSC DVD-R (I’ve got the PAL official game but wanted to see the censored FMV scenes), Demolition Girl CD-R and OutRun 2 SP JPN-Region were slow loading but mostly playable and Katamari Damacy NTSC took forever to load but we got a couple of 2-player games going (again I’ve got 2 copies of Coast to Coast PAL but the JPN release has far less slowdown, more animation etc).

Thanks for looking at it.

Originally posted by bozzerbigd View Post
              @RetroPassion

I sent my SEGA Game Gear for recapping and RetroKai replacement backlight for fitting as per my PM on 07/01/2021. Royal Mail 'Track & Trace' shows it as delivered on 09/01/2021.

Comment

@RetroPassion

Any update on the PS2 repair? I’m sorry to nag but it’s just nice to play a bit of PS2 during the holidays. I understand you have a lot of work on. Thanks.

Comment

Does anyone know the current turnaround time for Amiga recaps with Retropassion?

Comment

We are bringing it down to 10/14 working days for recaps (any other work will be longer) thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

HI! Catching up on the backlog of jobs that need more attention, So will be getting to yours early August Thanks!!
                    Commodore Amiga Recapping and minor repairs to the entire Commodore Amiga range also Apple, Sega, Nintendo consoles and computers. - Check out our work on Facebook, Instagram and our website - www.retropassion.co.uk

Comment

Pm sent for soldering services

Comment

PM sent for recap job inquiry

Comment

Received PS2 back at the end of October with no work done on it after 7 months! Admittedly, you didn't charge but the ribbon was not even stuck back into position to stop ring scratching as described which could have damaged further discs when I started playing it again! As it happened it only damaged a DVD-R.

I'm sad that you lost interested when you realised the main issue was playing backup discs! I then took matters into my own hands (you offered no further advice or recommendations even after I asked) and I proceeded to over tweak the DVD potentiometer when I tried to get the Japanese Outrun 2 SP DVD-R to run reliably (I own two official copies of the PAL Coast2Coast version so believe I'm entitled to play the best version without paying £300+ on a 2nd hand import). I admit that to do this without a multi-meter is stupid but that is why I asked you to look at it and I would have paid for a new laser if that was what was required!

No hard feelings but it cost me £50 to get another retro console/PS2 'expert' to then change the laser and replace the additional damaged Mechanon chip due to my inexperienced meddling! I even wrote off a new laser myself beforehand because I couldn't ID the Mechanon damage that I'd caused! The 'expert' even installed the laser fix to cut off the power if the Mechanon crashes again after the laser trys to read hard to read discs avoiding common laser damage on the V12 models. You offered none of these services so should in my view offer JUST Amiga and Game Gear services going forward.

I hope to use you again in the future but a lot of time was wasted and stress caused by the way this was handled. Sad but true! Outrun now works great and I am very relieved that I didn't write off a PS2 Slim! Lessons learnt.
                          Last edited by bozzerbigd; 18 November 2021, 19:43.

Comment

Originally posted by bozzerbigd View Post
                            Received PS2 back at the end of October with no work done on it after 7 months! Admittedly, you didn't charge but the ribbon was not even stuck back into position to stop ring scratching as described which could have damaged further discs when I started playing it again! As it happened it only damaged a DVD-R.

I'm sad that you lost interested when you realised the main issue was playing backup discs! I then took matters into my own hands (you offered no further advice or recommendations even after I asked) and I proceeded to over tweak the DVD potentiometer when I tried to get the Japanese Outrun 2 SP DVD-R to run reliably (I own two official copies of the PAL Coast2Coast version so believe I'm entitled to play the best version without paying £300+ on a 2nd hand import). I admit that to do this without a multi-meter is stupid but that is why I asked you to look at it and I would have paid for a new laser if that was what was required!

No hard feelings but it cost me £50 to get another retro console/PS2 'expert' to then change the laser and replace the additional damaged Mechanon chip due to my inexperienced meddling! I even wrote off a new laser myself beforehand because I couldn't ID the Mechanon damage that I'd caused! The 'expert' even installed the laser fix to cut off the power if the Mechanon crashes again after the laser trys to read hard to read discs avoiding common laser damage on the V12 models. You offered none of these services so should in my view offer JUST Amiga and Game Gear services going forward.

I hope to use you again in the future but a lot of time was wasted and stress caused by the way this was handled. Sad but true! Outrun now works great and I am very relieved that I didn't write off a PS2 Slim! Lessons learnt.
                            HI!

I'm a little taken back by this to be honest especially as you came around to us when you dropped it off and picked up? We made it clear from the very beggining we don't offer repairs to PS2's (only recapping) and you will find nothing on our site offering any PS2 services, you said do your best and having spent a bit of time on it as it was on the back burner due to our other work, it became clear it was not something we could spend the time on, when slims are around £30, modding is again around £30/50 it made more sense to draw a line under it to be honest and you had the option of picking it up at anytime. And we did also offer you assistance on the 26th october via Amibay when you asked how to adjust the laser including how to take it apart etc of which we sent a video, and we heard nothing since.

We have to make judgement calls of any service or repair to make it both viable for us and paramount of course is for the customer at the end of the day. I actully have no idea why you posted this to be honest when you could have emailed us directly?

I appreciate the no hard feelings and we feel the same way but this is not the way to do it. But glad you can enjoy your games!!

Comment

I didn't receive the video just a blank Amibay message for some reason (I'm not blaming you). I wouldn't have posted if I'd received that message and I'm sorry that you're upset. You are generally a good communicator and I would still recommend you to anyone for Amiga and Game Gear repairs. I have nothing but respect for your skills and you are a genuine person. I hope you can understand that I needed to catalogue this for other people needing other retro consoles serviced/repaired and not just recapped. Case closed. Please everyone use RetroPassion for all your Amiga/Game Gear recapping needs!

Comment