Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorola 68010 DIP-package CPUs?

Hi Nathan,

Are you able to source the DIP-packaged versions of the 68010 CPU? There are quite a few folks on here discussing a group-buy to upgrade our A500/A2000/CDTVs with them and I wondered whether your supplier is able to obtain them? If so, what would we be looking at cost-wise?

Thinking about accelerating your A1200? Check out my buyer's guide.

Projects past and present: Amiga 2000/030 | Amiga 3000/040 | Amiga 4000/060

Originally posted by AndyLandy View Post
    Hi Nathan,

Are you able to source the DIP-packaged versions of the 68010 CPU? There are quite a few folks on here discussing a group-buy to upgrade our A500/A2000/CDTVs with them and I wondered whether your supplier is able to obtain them? If so, what would we be looking at cost-wise?

I'll ask about them today, and if they are available reply with a price...or bad news

Comment

@Nathan there is also the newest 68H010, which is the same chip made by nowadays standards, but I think it is more expensive.
      David Bradley made Ctrl+Alt+Del, Gates turn it mandatory
      16 Amigas at home
      3x C= 64
      1 VIC-20
      8 PC (argh) at least one is an AROS/Amithlon unit

Comment

Originally posted by rkauer View Post
        @Nathan there is also the newest 68H010, which is the same chip made by nowadays standards, but I think it is more expensive.
        Are you sure about that? Unless it has a weird part number. I checked and could not find a single reference anywhere to 010, only 000 for the HC CMOS part. I'll be getting HC parts of the normal MC68000 of 8Mhz & 16Mhz for DIP and PLCC. As for MC68010, I will be getting them in 16Mhz naturally (but not HC, as I can't find them), for both DIP and PLCC. I'm just waiting for some prices from my IC supplier

Comment

Seeking desperately over teh Interwebz I cannot find the HC counterpart, either.

So they (teh guyz from Freescale) only made the 68H000. Bummer!
          David Bradley made Ctrl+Alt+Del, Gates turn it mandatory
          16 Amigas at home
          3x C= 64
          1 VIC-20
          8 PC (argh) at least one is an AROS/Amithlon unit

Comment