Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RGB to PAL/NTSC adapters @ AUD$30-33 each!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB to PAL/NTSC adapters @ AUD$30-33 each!

Hi all,

My RGB to PAL/NTSC adapter project is ready for sale. Full and comprehensive details, including photos are on my website:

http://www.amigamaniac.com

I'm selling them fully assembled from AUD$30 (no connectors), for Amiga & non-Amiga applications, to AUD$33 for a fully assembled and tested unit ready to use on an Amiga - just plug it in!

It outputs both Composite and S-Video.

Dude,

Are you planning a production re-run of these?

Tiffers

Comment

Originally posted by tiffers View Post
      Dude,

Are you planning a production re-run of these?

Tiffers
      Dude,

Yes, I am planning on making another batch of fifty (50) units

I just want to do a slight redesign, one of the changes being a smaller PCB (unless I add a feature that may require the size to remain the same). I don't want to rush the redesign, I want to think carefully about how I can improve the design, especially for non-Amiga users

I have a few days this week absolutely free, so that is a good chance to get to work. Next week, it's back to full-time study, so I have to get cracking!

Nathan
      Last edited by AmigaManiac; 23 November 2009, 22:53.

Comment

Mate, can I ask for a small improvement?

Albeit the unit is short enough, I wonder if you can make a vertical board to hook on big-box Amigas (A2000 & 4000D), since they already have a large footprint over the table.
        David Bradley made Ctrl+Alt+Del, Gates turn it mandatory
        16 Amigas at home
        3x C= 64
        1 VIC-20
        8 PC (argh) at least one is an AROS/Amithlon unit

Comment

Originally posted by rkauer View Post
          Mate, can I ask for a small improvement?

Albeit the unit is short enough, I wonder if you can make a vertical board to hook on big-box Amigas (A2000 & 4000D), since they already have a large footprint over the table.
          Errrrm...no However, I do have brand new 23 pin D-Subs (bucket solder type) and backshells to match. So one could easily make a cable, and then place the adapter where wanted - even inside the case.

Oh, and I still have that brand spanking new 40Mhz MC68EC030FE40C CQUAD CPU you wanted ages ago sitting in my cupboard. If you remember, it was AUD$35 for it, and postage AUD$3.45 by regular airmail. Did you want buy it yet?

Comment

You could use a connector with vertical pins rather than right angle, but then that big electro cap would get in the way. Also, that might not fit around other things where it would plug in.

Comment

In my (almost worthless) defence, I must state that I recollected the board from the guy who de-solder the knackered CPU from just last weekend.

Yes, I still want it. Just need to hide some $ from Paula...
              David Bradley made Ctrl+Alt+Del, Gates turn it mandatory
              16 Amigas at home
              3x C= 64
              1 VIC-20
              8 PC (argh) at least one is an AROS/Amithlon unit

Comment

Originally posted by rkauer View Post

In my (almost worthless) defence, I must state that I recollected the board from the guy who de-solder the knackered CPU from just last weekend.

Yes, I still want it. Just need to hide some $ from Paula...
                He hee, there is no rush, and I am not bothered about it. I just thought I should take the opportunity to remind you

Comment

Originally posted by ultrareliable View Post
                  Yes, I am planning on making another batch of fifty (50) units
                  Sweet! Since my failed attempt at modding my NTSC A520 (well, I didn't ruin my 520, so it wasn't a total fail ), I'm so IN!!

Originally posted by ultrareliable View Post
                  I just want to do a slight redesign, one of the changes being a smaller PCB (unless I add a feature that may require the size to remain the same). I don't want to rush the redesign, I want to think carefully about how I can improve the design, especially for non-Amiga users
                  OK, but I thought the size was fine before really. And as for non-Amiga users... um... I feel like I should care about them, but for some reason.. hmm.. nope, nothing...

Take your time, my A520 is still working, so I have color composite that works, but as soon as you're ready, I'll paypal away..
                  I'd rather send in the money when I still have it...

I've been known to be impulsive.. No.. No, really. I can be..

Glad you're in for another run...

Thanx,
                  desiv

Comment

RGB adapter V2.0 design complete!

Hi all,

I have redesigned my RGB adapter. It's much nicer now with more features - much more versatile and user friendly

Here is a picture of the top silkscreen layer to give you an idea of the new adapter (there is some info on the bottom silkscreen layer too that is not seen here):

---------- Post added at 06:53 ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 ----------

Oh, I forgot to say that I will have them in stock and ready to ship in less than one month. The price will be the same as V1.0 for a complete unit (i.e. AUD$33), otherwise a mere AUD$1-2 extra. I can't be sure of the sale price until I get the calculator out.

Comment

Definitely in...
                      Just let me know when and how much and I'll send it in..

Q: Since you probably can't toggle PAL/NTSC while it's on (???), if I have an NTSC Amiga that I "pop" into PAL mode (using software or a boot menu if I get a 1200), how might that work?

Just popped into my head...

Thanx,

desiv

Comment

Originally posted by desiv View Post
                        Definitely in...
                        Just let me know when and how much and I'll send it in..

Q: Since you probably can't toggle PAL/NTSC while it's on (???), if I have an NTSC Amiga that I "pop" into PAL mode (using software or a boot menu if I get a 1200), how might that work?

Just popped into my head...

Thanx,

desiv
                        Actually, you can switch it to PAL or NTSC (toggle) while it is on. I've done it many times out of curiosity Doesn't seem to harm anything or cause problems. However, I'm not really sure if it could cause a problem...

Comment

Originally posted by AmigaManiac View Post
                          Actually, you can switch it to PAL or NTSC (toggle) while it is on. I've done it many times out of curiosity Doesn't seem to harm anything or cause problems. However, I'm not really sure if it could cause a problem...
                          Sweet.. That's good enough for me..

desiv

Comment

My PCB's are supposed to be sent out on 18 December. They will be sent by courier, so it won't be long until I have them in stock

Comment

Wooo hooo!

My PCBs were sent out by courier today, and I have components for all 50 PCBs in stock, ready to solder

With any luck, I'll have the PCBs on Friday December 18, otherwise Monday December 21 (I hope). Whenever they arrive, it's very close now

Comment