Poor customer service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor customer service.

ordered a RGB_to_PAL_NTSC_adapter back in August. Waited patiently for weeks, sent follow-up emails, was polite, then simply said to give me an ETA even if it was going to be weeks away (just something so I knew how long to wait).

The guy kept emailing back reasons and/or excuses that were certainly 'personal' (hey, I'm sympathetic to people having personal issues, but if you run a business and take peoples money you need to make arrangements for when stuff like this occurs. It's just good business practice) and eventually told me he had 40 orders left @ 5 orders a day (so that should have been about 8 days of orders left...)

That was September 25th....

Despite repeatedly asking for a firm ETA on the order I have never gotten anything but excuses, ignored emails and now - you guessed it - a bounced email address.

Anyway, It's not so much about the money (I think it was $40 or something) it's more the principle of having these things going on, but leaving your ordering system up and running to take peoples money while having at least a fair idea you weren't going to be able to fulfill the orders. I think it's been too long now for me to PayPal dispute it and get the money back, but to be honest I'd rather get the adapter! I waited ages for this thing.

People may see this as a whinge, and I understand and respect that, but if you put yourself in my shoes for a moment. The email address through the website bounces, the guy doesn't respond at all to his PayPal listed email address and I've been waiting

Half
    A
    Year.

What else is a distraught customer to do but attempt to reach him via avenues like this forum sub-section? If I was rude, nasty or threatening then the guy has every right not to respond. I haven't been though.

I've been patient beyond belief, polite, calm, but this is getting ridiculous. I deserve better than this, and being too busy simply isn't an excuse.

It took me five minutes to write this email, you'd think between August and December the guy could have emailed me back a real ETA, or an offer to refund my money.

You have two solutions all start with the fact that you have to get your money back first.
    Then you can get the same adapter for the same price from kipper2k.
    Or get an Indivision for double the price... Bad thing is that you cannot use it in all your Amigas in case you have more than one.
    I think he is not available any more for this job.

Comment

ive been waiting since june or july for some bits ...too late to claim via paypal.

he did say he had been unwell and my order would on its way - that was November i think...no word since.

I thinks hes had some problems but it seems his email has been closed now.

mike

transaction.

2 Jul 2012 Payment To Nathan Cadwallen Completed ... -$xxx AUD

last contact was.

13/9/12

Hi Michael,

I’m getting there

Your number 30 on my “to do” list, so it will be about 7 days before I make and post your adapter cable (I’m doing five orders a day now). I’ll let you know when it’s been posted.

Sorry that it’s taking so long.

Nathan

previous to that:

***This is an automated response***

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry/e-mail or order.

Please note that due to chronic illness and the birth of a new daughter I am not accepting any new orders at the moment.

I need to get through many back orders and some repairs which have accumulated over the last few months due to the above mentioned circumstances.

I apologise for any inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal a.s.a.p...

Thanks,

Nathan
      http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...ht=apollo+libs

Comment

@KKnD4Eva: Not that I don't believe or sympathize with you mate, but single first post a complaint about a store or person that has nothing to do with Amibay?
        ^^^ IMHO... Always IMHO ^^^

r0jaws is my hero
        Keropi is my supreme being

Comment

Originally posted by slk486 View Post
          @KKnD4Eva: Not that I don't believe or sympathize with you mate, but single first post a complaint about a store or person that has nothing to do with Amibay?
          I think it has, as he's also the trader tag here.
          You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around
          you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully.

> GO EAST

Comment

I'm an Amiga fan. I'm a retro gaming collector. I'm an enthusiast who grew up with an Amiga as a kid, and spent nights sitting up watching Star Trek the Next Generation waiting for Vista to render a few frames of an animated fractal landscape fly-through on my humble Amiga 2000HD.

This is one wall of my games room, as you can see - I'm the kind of person who has the capacity to offer plenty to the forums

As such, I care about the Amiga community and the people who back this fine, fine machine. I think this is is a valid first post, because I think people should see this feedback, particularly as AmiBay has an entire sub-forum devoted to the guy / his business. Also, as stated, this is the only avenue I have left to hopefully get this guys attention regarding my order and/or my money.

I apologise if it comes across that I may be someone who pops in to complain, then is never seen again, but I intend to be an active member of the community irrespective of my initial post.

Comment

@All

Not that I disagree or agree with this thread but a look at the profile of AmigaManiac reveals the following point
              Last Activity: 23rd December 2010 06:31
              Dave G

Comment

@KKnD4Eva,

I am sorry to read about your dilemma M8. I don't know what to say other than I am pleased that you posted the problem and hopefully there will be a positive outcome from doing so. When things have gone on for this length of time and every avenue has been tried, then I believe that you did the right thing in mentioning the problem. We all like to see good feedback about sales and the likes but it is also important to know when things have gone wrong, it may look bad to some folk but it may be a kick up the bum for the seller (any seller) to get things sorted as soon as possible.

I have had no dealings with the seller of your item, I can only hope that there have been some temporary problems on his end that will soon be sorted (it happens now and then). Good luck to both of you in getting this problem sorted and hopefully this hiccup will soon be just a memory for both of you (and anyone else still waiting).

Thanks for posting about the problem, its a shame that the problem occurred but now its in the open, something might get sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                  I think it has, as he's also the trader tag here.
                  My apologies I should've looked at the forum name (AmiTraders/AmigaManiac)

Originally posted by KKnD4Eva
                  I apologise if it comes across that I may be someone who pops in to complain, then is never seen again, but I intend to be an active member of the community irrespective of my initial post.
                  No worries and welcome I do hope you get it sorted, but as AmigaManiac hasn't been around for a long time I'm not sure this thread will help any. Best option is probably to PM/e-mail and link to the thread.

Edit: Oh and nice setup! Please do post it in the photobooth along with a few words. I'd love to know/see what they're all connected to and such
                  ^^^ IMHO... Always IMHO ^^^

r0jaws is my hero
                  Keropi is my supreme being

Comment

My apologies I should've looked at the forum name (AmiTraders/AmigaManiac)
                    Apologies accepted.
                    You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. Around
                    you is a forest. A small stream flows out of the building and down a gully.

> GO EAST

Comment