Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V3.0 RGB to PAL/NTSC adapter in stock soon

Hi All,

The design for the V3.0 RGB adapter is complete. I will have them in stock very soon (within weeks). Details are on my website here: http://www.amigamaniac.com/RGB_to_PAL_NTSC_adapter.html

I expect to sell them for AUD$35 each, fully assembled. I still need to work out the cost of the "cased" option (case price and labour).

The PCB will have a black soldermask with red silkscreen - they should be a sight to behold

Nathan

Great! I'm in for at least 3 of them...

Comment

Hi All,

I've completed the V3.0 RGB to PAL/NTSC adapter design, having corrected some small mistakes etc. I will be submitting the files to the PCB manufacturer tomorrow (Monday 14/6/2010), and should then have them in about two weeks!

Comment

Perfect!
        I can't wait my friend
        Visit my Amiga Blog: http://www.mfilos.com
        - A600: Vampire V2, 128MB, A604n, 16GB CF, Indivision ECS, RapidRoad USB, Ratte's auto RTG/ECS switch, Gotek w/HxC-LCD + Slim floppy (internal)

Comment

@AmigaManiac

Great job!

Please, reserve one of this 3.0 adapter for me, with case, please.

Thanks
          I don't know how it will be the third World War. But I do know how it will be the fourth: With sticks and stones.
          Here lies a brave, a formidable adversary and a true man of honor. Rest in peace. 04/21/1918

Comment

Hi all,

The V3.0 RGB to PAL/NTSC adapters are now up on my website (www.amigamaniac.com) for purchase

Nathan

Comment

Sweet. Love the V2 I have.

Q: on the new design. I notice there are now DIP switches and PAL/NTSC is on several dip switches.
              So, just wondering why there are now more dip switches for PAL/NTSC?
              I see there is the NTSC/PAL crystal choice...

The other is? Just wondering...

desiv

Comment

Nice, I have a V1 and its excellent. Works well with monitors with svideo in, and also original xbox to vga adapters
                A1200 1D.1/Apollo 1240 68040/45Mhz/32MB -White
                A1200 1D.4/68020/Blizzard 1200/4MB - Black

Comment

Originally posted by desiv View Post
                  Sweet. Love the V2 I have.

Q: on the new design. I notice there are now DIP switches and PAL/NTSC is on several dip switches.
                  So, just wondering why there are now more dip switches for PAL/NTSC?
                  I see there is the NTSC/PAL crystal choice...

The other is? Just wondering...

desiv
                  No, just PAL and NTSC like before A pin on the AD724 has to go high or low to select NTSC or PAL operation, so one switch each for that. Then there is one switch for each crystal, grounding the other side of either.

Nathan

Comment

Thanx!!
                    Looks great!
                    Hey, I just had a thought.. (I hate it when that happens!! )

I was looking at UFE, the new floppy emulator with the video overlay:
                    http://retromaster.wordpress.com/ufe/#comment-225

And I was wondering if we might be able to run those video wires into the header on your adapter rather than clipping them onto the pins of the Amiga video port?

I know the header was designed for non-Amiga input, but I wasn't sure if it might work...

desiv

Comment

Originally posted by desiv View Post
                      Thanx!!
                      Looks great!
                      Hey, I just had a thought.. (I hate it when that happens!! )

I was looking at UFE, the new floppy emulator with the video overlay:
                      http://retromaster.wordpress.com/ufe/#comment-225

And I was wondering if we might be able to run those video wires into the header on your adapter rather than clipping them onto the pins of the Amiga video port?

I know the header was designed for non-Amiga input, but I wasn't sure if it might work...

desiv
                      Actually, you could plug the Amiga into the RGB adapter through the header if you wanted to. Each pin on the header is connected to the pins on the 23 pin D-Sub, so you could connect that thing through the header I suppose

Comment

Hi.

Is this a reservation thread? In that case, list me for one please.

I would also like to know how the composite output would compare to the original color composite output of an A1200 or A600.

Regards.
                        A4000/CSMKII60/ZZ9000/Deneb/CatWeasel/A2386/STBNitro/SB16/MT32
                        A1200/B1260/SCSI/IndiMK1/Subway/MASPlayer
                        A500Plus/A600/A2000/CDTV : back one day
                        PC-AmikitXE

Comment

Originally posted by Xanxi View Post
                          Hi.

Is this a reservation thread? In that case, list me for one please.

I would also like to know how the composite output would compare to the original color composite output of an A1200 or A600.

Regards.
                          They are for sale on my website (www.amigamaniac.com) now, including as a "cased" option I hope to have some photos up today of what they look like in cases. Only the plastic cases will be posted on my website today as I am waiting for a drill bit for the aluminium cases.

My RGB adapter gives a MUCH better picture on my A600 than the on-board composite - it's more stable and seems clearer.

Nathan

Comment

Nathan great stuff as usual... What all do I need to add to my cart for a V3.0 adapter, ABS case 2 and full assembled and cased and ready to go by you... Just want to make sure I add all the right things to my cart...

Thanks.
                            Kevin

Originally posted by AmigaManiac;86256They are for sale on my website ([URL="http://www.amigamaniac.com"
                            www.amigamaniac.com[/URL]) now, including as a "cased" option I hope to have some photos up today of what they look like in cases. Only the plastic cases will be posted on my website today as I am waiting for a drill bit for the aluminium cases.

My RGB adapter gives a MUCH better picture on my A600 than the on-board composite - it's more stable and seems clearer.

Nathan

Comment

@trip6

Hi Kevin from NY state! I remember selling something to you a while back I think

I've updated my website to make everything easier, including the "Add to Cart" buttons. One button says " Add Item to Cart" and the other "Add Shipping to Cart". That should clear up any confusion from now on I hope

Anyhow, have a look at what I've done to my website, I'm sure you will have no trouble figuring out what to add to your cart now You may also notice something new for sale on the RGB adapter page

Nathan

Comment