For Sale AA3000+ Amiga 3000 AGA motherboard PCBs

My AA3000+ is up and running ! :arms Only the PCI slot are not working because I am still waiting for the 2 CPLDs....

Thanks to Hese for his great help. (y)

Attachments

• AA3000+.jpg
    AA3000+.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I've also finished my build. I'm still waiting on some more RAM to come in, but I was pleasantly surprised there were no major issues on power-up. Thank you Hese for answering all my PMs, I really appreciate your help!

aa3k_wb.jpgwhichaa3000.jpg

Hi Xterc, nice to see and also interesting to see that the board works without the daughter board in place. At least that's one big difference from the old 3000 boards.

I am yesterday started with my Board to soldered.
Nice to see here that some people have the Board at working (y)

Last edited:
Congratulations guys!
Which combination of Ramsey and DMAC do you have?

@Wali7

I bought one some time ago from Sveta.... He sold some in 2018.
I wonder if someone tried with a -07 from A4000. I read somewhere that some people had working A3000 last rev motherboard with dmac2/ramsey7 combination.
Unfortunately I soldered all the custom C= ICs on my AA3000+ without testing this combination.....

EDIT : found the thread

https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic=57727.0

Last edited:
I have tried DMAC2/RAMSEY7 and the system will not boot. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a spare RAMSEY-04 for my original A3000 and recently purchased an -07 for this project from iComp. I'm glad I had the spare. The RAMSEY-04 was purchased from eBay seller 'uniquesoftware' for $17 back in 2018, but it doesn't look like they have any left.

- - - Updated - - -

gseb,

I am having issues with the Firebird. Have you tried any Zorro III cards?

Last edited:
Hello !
I'm interest for one PCB pack ( aa3000 and firebird) + component.
Best Regards,
Marco

If one system does not boot with Dmac2/Ramsey7, this does not mean that other one won't....

@xterc

The firebird is the only thing I still not have tested....
I still not have the 2 CPLDs. It's the last part I have to solder. Waiting it from China.

I just put a ZII card to see if it was detected, I have not done more than this for now.
If you want, I can test the firebird with a bigram+ but as the CPLDs are still not onboard, I do not know if it will help.....

Last edited:
@gseb

I'm confident the ZIII slots will work if the Prometheus firmware wasn't installed. I may take a stab at fixing the vhdl in the Prometheus (my belief is there is an issue with the /CFGOUT signal), but I could be completely off base. The card I am using to test (a ZZ9000) works when placed in ZII mode, but when switching to ZIII mode the Prometheus gets removed from the autoconfig list ans the ZZ9000 ceases to function properly.

I have a BigRAM card coming, so I will test it with that when it arrives.

The problem may come from the ZZ9000 firmware. It's a new card and from experience with the VA2000, I know it took awhile to have it booting properly on some configuration.....

Back
Top Bottom