• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masteries View Post
    Excuse the off-topic

Where you have the Atari ST/E factory? xD
    i used to collect atari stuff a few years ago ^^

Comment

I received the Atari today, everything was in order as expected. Since I'm new to the Atari world I appreciated that Warr8or29 took the time to understand my project. He answered all my questions, made requested verification and provided some supporting media.

I promptly started to Americanize the Atari and everything goes well so far but since I started to make stupid mistakes (like soldering a wire before passing it in the hole) I decided to call it a day, wait for tomorrow for the big day and turn on the computer!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20210913205604_IMG_1597.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	1472300

Thanks for the nice buying experience!

Comment

Originally posted by elz View Post
        I received the Atari today, everything was in order as expected. Since I'm new to the Atari world I appreciated that Warr8or29 took the time to understand my project. He answered all my questions, made requested verification and provided some supporting media.

I promptly started to Americanize the Atari and everything goes well so far but since I started to make stupid mistakes (like soldering a wire before passing it in the hole) I decided to call it a day, wait for tomorrow for the big day and turn on the computer!
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]169430[/ATTACH]

Hi
        really appreciate your feedback, i see the PSU modification is quite finished. The meanwell fits really fine on top of the original PSU bracket also.

Comment

Originally posted by elz View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]169430[/ATTACH]

Excuse me Elz,

What is the exact model of this Meanwell power source?

Comment

Originally posted by masteries View Post

Excuse me Elz,

What is the exact model of this Meanwell power source?
            It is the RD-50a.
            I expect it to power your hard disk interface via the 5v line. Hopefully it will boot in time.

While ordering it from digikey.ca I also got parts to build the motherboard connector. Not having exact specification for it I took a chance but got lucky as it was perfect fit. It was a TE Connectivity housing 6position 171822-6 and them connectors socket 170205-1. I spent the evening yesterday experimenting on the Atari 1040ste and it proved to be reliable so far. I read some claim that having just one rail for both line could rise the 5v or 12v line when the other one is loaded. I measured voltage of different load of each side and the other always remained stable. Reading domain where 5v=[5.14-5.17] 12v=[12.14-12.20] remaining on low end and raising when there was activity on that side of the computer, but the other remained unaffected.

I would also like to mention that warr8or29 took the initiative to offer me a substantial rebate to keep the European PSU.

Comment