For Sale SaRuMan-128 C128 SRAM for DRAM replacement board

eslapion

Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
A single replacement board for all 16 DRAM chips on the C128 mainboard is now available.

This little board replaces the sixteen 64k x1 bit DRAM ICs with a single static RAM IC. Accordingly it consumes only a trickle amount of power, about 6mA. It also acts as a VSP bug fixer.

The product's name is SaRuMan-128 and it costs 15$US or 13.50 Euros.
Get 20% off when you order 5, 25% off when you order 10 or more. Distributor pricing on 25 units or more.

Shipping cost is the same as with PLAnkton; shipping a small packet (up to 12 units) to the US is 8$. Shipping cost for Europe, Australia and South America is 10$US or 8 Euros.

The product is strictly shipped with antistatic protective packaging. It is covered by a 90 days money back guarantee and a 3 year replacement guarantee afterwards.

This product has been tested by Ray Carlsen.

SaRuMan 128.jpg

Last edited:
i'm searching for 1 module, it's available?
(shipping to UE - Italy)

I wonder, would this work on an Atari XE? It seems to have a very similar arrangement of DRAM - and it suffers horribly from visual artefacts due to the refresh cycle that SRAM might eliminate.

Without a specific schematic of the Atari XE, I can't tell. The C128 uses 2 banks of 64k with separate CAS signal lines for each bank. Is it the same on the Atari XE ?
Using SRAM does not eliminate the refresh cycles generated by the C128, Saruman-128 simply ignores them. The C128 doesn't have a way to know they are no longer required and I strongly suspect it would be the same on the Atari XE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom