For Sale PLAnkton EV U17, a new version of PLAnkton U17

eslapion

Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
PLAnkton U17 has been a very popular product since it's introduction back in August 2015. More than 4000 units have been sold since, a number which I find stunning after all this time.

Back then, me and co-creator Fredric Blåholtz expected to sell a few hundreds. With lots of luck maybe 1000. We were quite surprised with the demand and the very positive reception.

However, time has passed and a few potential improvements have been noted.

For one thing, a genuine Commodore PLA signals at a voltage between 3.7 and 4.5 volts. Usually hovering around 4.3 volts. PLAnkton feeds the XC9536XL core CPLD at 3.7-3.8 volts and while this is within the requirements to be representative of a good PLA, it is beyond the recommended operating voltage defined by the manufacturer. At the same time, it is somewhat too low when compared to a genuine Commodore PLA.

Also, even when using the low power mode of the XC9536XL and slew rate limiters built into this type of IC, PLAnkton's slew rate signaling remains much higher than a genuine old PLA.

PLAnkton EV resolves these issues by adding a CMOS buffer which is powered at 4.3V while the CPLD is now powered at 3.3V. The buffer uses legacy CMOS technology which has a low slew rate nearly identical to that of vintage technology PLAs and is powered at a voltage which also allows it to signal a higher voltage, now also nearly identical to that of vintage technology PLAs. PLAnkton EV uses a tiny amount of extra power because of the presence of the CMOS buffer but still consumes less than 30mA compared to the 100mA used by an original MOS 906114-01 or 82S100.

More than 100 units have already been sold elsewhere. EV means Exact Voltage. Better pins are installed with 10uin (0.25um) gold plating on the pins. (Mill-Max 350-10-164-00-006000 MADE IN USA)

Priced at 16.50$US (14.75 Euros). Quantity discounts are applicable; 20% starting at 5 units, 25% off starting at 10 units, distributor pricing starting at 25 units.
Shipping to the USA is 8$US, Australia/NZ is 10$US, UK/Europe is 8 Euros. Shipping to Canada requires you provide a postal code.

Payments by Paypal only!

Custom versions are available on request with different or no pins.

DSC03330.jpg

DSC03328.jpg

This product was designed and is assembled and tested in Canada by legally certified Engineers or Junior Engineers.

Last edited:
Is the board compatibility the same as the original PLAnkton?
It replaces the same part so it works with the same boards.

326298, 250407,250425,250466, the SX-64 and the C64 Reloaded MK1.

Last edited:
I believe the post he left in the thread for Saruman-64 (here: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?106904-SaRuMan-64k-static-RAM-for-DRAM-replacement-board/page7 ) represents that.

However, this payment was for two different products so the declaration of interest may be in one thread and the declaration of payment may be in another.

If this does not represent a declaration of interest then all I can say is I have no control over what other people are posting.

you have complete control by requesting the buyer to declare interest in thread where the item is for sale , no cross posting from other threads etc simply accepting payment from another thread.

thats why we have the rules of EACH item must have clear pricing and must be declared in the thread the item is for sale in.

you have complete control by requesting the buyer to declare interest in thread where the item is for sale , no cross posting from other threads etc simply accepting payment from another thread.

thats why we have the rules of EACH item must have clear pricing and must be declared in the thread the item is for sale in.

Please forgive my carelessness. I received a PM indicating a buyer wanted a few PLAnkton EVs and a few Saruman-64. Since PLAnkton EV is the most expensive product, that is where I posted the reception of the payment.

I only noticed the declaration of interest had been posted in the other thread once I received your PM. I will inform buyers they must post a declaration of interest but I have no authority to force them. Only you can do that.

1st issue "I received a PM indicating a buyer wanted a few ........... " Must NOT contact you via PM before a declaration of interest in your for sale thread, YOU need to point them to your sale threads BEFORE any transaction is completed.

Declare interest:
If you wish to buy an item, you must declare interest in the thread and then send a PM to the seller within 24 hours otherwise the seller may move on to the next in line. If there are multiple items on offer, you must specify which item(s) or how many you're interested in. In both cases, this should be clear and unambiguous. Please avoid vague statements like "PM sent" or "I might be interested in...", use direct wording such as , "I am interested in...". The clearer you are in your assertions the less likely there will be any ambiguity as to who is next in line. Remember, English isn't everyone's first language here.

2nd issue "I have no authority to force them. Only you can do that." YES you do, when you receive a PM you direct them to your sales thread ignoring their PM until a declaration is in your thread NOT before.

Declared interest:
Only those members who have stated interest in your thread are to be considered eligible to buy your item. In the case of a dispute, the order of interest declared in the thread is what the staff will use. If a member sends you a PM without declaring interest in the thread, you must advise them to post interest in the thread before you are able to deal with them.

the site rules are quite clear please stop trying to pass the blame to us.

follow the rules please

thank you.

Last edited:
Duly noted.

At the same time, I make the greatest possible effort to ensure this sort of dispute doesn't occur as I make sure I have the largest possible inventory available at all times.

I assume a client who wants multiple products must therefore have posted an interest in all related threads or see his request ignored.

My apologies to you both. Blame the new guy, as I didn’t realize my asking questions about the product wasn’t enough, especially once I also posted about the other product. I will try to be better next time.

Declaring interest.
interested in 1 with shipping to the USA
(Marked as sold/completed by eslapion)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom