How to replace original sticker on C1084S ???

SkyLarkEire

Banned
Country
Ireland
Region
Connacht
I need a piece of advice how to replace large sticker on Commodore 1084S monitor case (the back one).

I have Commodore 1084S-D1 in good working condition but the back part if its case is badly broken.
I have just bought Commodore 1084S-P1 CASE (only) here on AmiBay.

I would like to:
1. remove the back sticker off the good case.
2. replace the back sticker from the broken case to the good case.
3. be happy with the result ;)

case.jpg

Have you already made similar job with stickers on retro stuff?
Could you please help me with a piece of advice how to do that in a proper way? Hair drier?

How to replace original sticker on C1084S ???

Hi,

You may be able to take the old case to a decal manufacturer and let them measure up and make a new decal that would fit onto the new case. Most places will even be able to help with a similar material and finish. The fonts or a similar ink won’t be a problem at all. I don’t think it would cost too much. I’ve used them to reproduce some decals for rebuild cars. Considering the age of the case the old sticker may not come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just to update the thread with my experience - it is a piece of cake to remove and put back the sticker...
No special tools or methods are needed. Just lift one corner (do not scratch the case) and lift the sticker slowly...
The kind of glue used by Commodore is still sticky and does not leave any residues on the case. When reapplied - there is no need for any extra glue - the original glue keeps the sticker perfect!

Back
Top Bottom