Not open for further replies.

sordan

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Country
Ireland
Region
Dublin
New Dual Licensed Cloanto (unique serial number provided) Kickstart ROM 1.3 & 3.1 Amiga 500 / 600 / 2000 Switcher

Bigger batch available this time.

Licensed Dual, Double Kickstart 1.3 + 3.1 for Amiga 500/600/2000 + Kickstart Switcher.

It is a specified ROM with label from Cloanto with unique serial number.

You can use a switch cable to switch between 1.3 and 3.1 Kickstart or you can use a jumpers for permamently settings (please see photos for jumpers settings)

Please see photos how to install it in your Amiga.

Please note you can switch your Kickstart only when Amiga is switch off.

That`s the new version with 2 cables on switcher instead of 3 with resistors under PCB going to Vcc.

Package included:
1x Cloanto Dual ROM Kickstart 1.3 & 3.1 in one ROM (42 PINs)
1x Kickstart Switcher
1x Cable Switcher
2x Jumpers

Price: 29.99 EUR included free shipping worldwide and Paypal/Card fees. Please send a PM to get a details how to place an order.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 4 - Copy.jpg
    4 - Copy.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 5 - Copy.jpg
    5 - Copy.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 6 - Copy.jpg
    6 - Copy.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 7 - Copy.jpg
    7 - Copy.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 8 - Copy.jpg
    8 - Copy.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 9 - Copy.jpg
    9 - Copy.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Interested in 1 piece. Is it right on your last pic that the 3. pin on the left side is not inside of the socket?

PM sent.

And yes thats correct if you want to install it into Amiga 500 motherboard.

- - - Updated - - -

ethan: Payment received with thanks. I will post on Monday.

I bought one of these from sordan on their website a while back. It didn't work, and they didn't respond to my request. Buyer beware.

Oggie: Hi there. All kickstart switchers are tested before despatch and we received only positive feedback for them so far. I just double checked a history for this item on our website and noone, never bought this item from Canada. If you are from different country than you stated here then please send us a private message with your order number, date and e-mail you used to buy from our website and I will check this for you. I also see that I never dealt with you on Amibay. Thanks.

Last edited:
Do you have more information about this adaptor? It looks like a riser. Good to know if it is necessary. The first will be for A2k, but I will try it in the A600 too.

Do you have more information about this adaptor? It looks like a riser. Good to know if it is necessary. The first will be for A2k, but I will try it in the A600 too.

I don't have experience with the adapter in the Amigastore or the kickstart adapter being sold here.
What I do know is that a v3.1 Kickstart ROM won't work on a rev 5 A500 motherboard (and certain A2000 boards) due to differences in the pinout.

In the following link certain things are explained, ignore the resistor arrays for now and look at how pins 1 & 31 and 31 & 21 are connected:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=82824

I expect the adapter from Amigastore fixes the pinout differences

@Sordan: Apologies for the interuption in your sales thead, I just wanted to provide information to solve the issue

Last edited:
I bought one of these from sordan on their website a while back. It didn't work, and they didn't respond to my request. Buyer beware.

Are you using this kickstart unit on an A500 rev 5 board, then you will probably need an adapter: http://amigastore.eu/en/599-amiga-500-revision-5-eprom-adapter.html

That's interesting. Mine is a rev5. This is the 1st time I was aware this was needed. Sordan should let people know that, or at least include it as an option when purchasing.

I should also add that I sent Sordan a PM with my original order #, and I received no reply. It looks like they will basically ignore any post sales inquiries.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also add that I tried the switch in a rev6, and it didn't work there either.

Last edited:
I tried KS 3.1 in Rev. 5 and it is true. It is impossible to use it. After I changed back to 1.3 everything was fine. Normally I use Rev. 6A and 8A. I will check the switch with all Amigas and post the results.
Sorry for highjacking, but in my opinion it is important for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom