A4000TX ATX Amiga motherboard

Removed u455 & u456, reset line is ok again and after adding u212 and u213 i get 512 kB of chipram..
All 2 mb is soldered though..? :/

PS/2 Keyboard Update

PS/2 Keyboard Update

Would it be possible to get the source files for the PS/2 keyboard avr?

I would like to update the code to bind the PC key scancode 61 aka |\ to rawkey 30 so we can use a custom keymap to faithfully map the GB PC keyboard layout.

Thanks in anticipation.

UPDATE

I've got this working.

Last edited:
Two questions:

- ER975 to ER978, are these 120 Ohm ferrite bead networks or 150 Ohm? In the BOM, they're listed as 150 Ohm, but the Mouser cart has the correct quantity of 120 Ohm (probably not a huge difference, but might as well get it right)

- I lifted a pad when I flipped the board over and knocked off C404 (argh!). Is C404 the same as C404 on the original A4000? I need to connect the negative pad back up.

Thank you!

Sorted

After a bit of research and looking the U206_ATMEGA88.hex file it was quite easy to spot the array mapping the scancodes to raw key codes. Changing the value at offset 7EA from FF to 30 in the .hex file did the trick.

Would it be possible to get the source files for the PS/2 keyboard avr?

I would like to update the code to bind the PC key scancode 61 aka |/ to rawkey 30 so we can use a custom keymap to faithfully map the GB PC keyboard layout.

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
Two questions:
- I lifted a pad when I flipped the board over and knocked off C404 (argh!). Is C404 the same as C404 on the original A4000? I need to connect the negative pad back up.

Answering my own question here, this is a filter cap between the audio section and the rest of the motherboard, so power can be picked up anywhere.

Well, looks like I might have somewhere ZorroIII to put my incoming ZZ9000 after all! This is a fantastic piece of work Hese.

I've been up and running on a self-assembled A4000TX for a week or so now. The biggest debugging challenge was a intermittent contact between a pin on a DRAM for chip ram. It looked okay, but eventually I went around and tested each pad -> "leg" and found the bad connection.

I'll write this off as a problem with using NOS chips. They weren't from China, but had some oxidation that probably contributed to this problem (hypothesis).

I do still have a problem with the onboard fast ram. So working on that issue.

Also, beside thanks to Hese, Chuck's DiagRom is absolutely genius.

I have been running my A4000tx for months without any problems.
Recently my new ZZ9000 arrived and it is also working fine.
But now I have prepared an A3660 but it doesn't work.
I put J104 and J100 in EXT position and I always have a black screen.
I see that there are more jumpers on the board, do I have to change any more?

What Processor is in your A3660, if it is a full 060 (includes MMU & FPU) you will need special 3.1 Kickstart Roms or upgrade to 3.1.4 or 3.2 Kickstart Roms by purchasing the new OS

Last edited:
I use Rom 3.2 for Amiga 4000 and the processor is a 060LC. So that's not the problem.

I have two doubts about the TX. I tried to have the back panel printed using the STL file in the thread by some companies that print in 3D, but I was told that there are thicknesses less than 1 mm. Do you have any advice for me? What material is best to use? Can anyone edit the STL file to increase the thickness to 2mm?
Thank you so much.

Last edited:
I have two doubts about the TX. I tried to have the back panel printed using the STL file in the thread by some companies that print in 3D, but I was told that there are thicknesses less than 1 mm. Do you have any advice for me? What material is best to use? Can anyone edit the STL file to increase the thickness to 2mm?
Thank you so much.

My brother is doing a printable variant that I will try out within a week. Its based of the public available (?) stl but with som reinforcements and improvements.

Hi dudes. Can anyone recommend a case for the A4000TX in desktop format (to be clear : an horizontal case which can take a monitor on top of it just like a regular A4000 from Commodore)?
I have not seen anything like this in a while at computer shops but ATX desktop cases were very common on late 90's and 2000's at least.
Thanks.

WSkinny you need to look for his for sale thread in the Amiga hardware for sale section of the forum, there you can declare interest in his PCB

The motherboard has a PS/2 type keyboard connector which takes either Amiga 4000 keyboard or PC PS/2 keyboard. You can also use a CDTV keyboard but you need an adapter between which converts the CDTV keyboard pinout to Amiga 4000 keyboard pinout.

Back
Top Bottom