Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Would you like the opportunity to win the following machine?Specification of the machine:

A4000D motherboard fitted in a RBM tower (recapped by Bebek)
RBM bus board
030 A3630 Processor Board
Retina RTG Card
4GB CF card
CD Rom
Gotek Drive

If you are lucky enough to win the competition you don't even have to pay for delivery.
This will be delivered to an address of your choice free of charge.
The bare bones of the competition are the following :-
Entry is by purchasing a ticket at 3 Euro or £2.62 paid as Family & Friends to donations@amibay.com
Please don't use the donations link within the forum as Paypal will deduct fees from your payment.
You can purchase as many tickets as you like.
Each ticket gives you an opportunity to win the above machine. So the more tickets you buy the better your chance of winning.
Although AmiBay is not supplying the Amiga we are however managing the competition as part of the proceeds will be donated to support AmiBay.
More details will be added to this post on Friday night.

Table replaced with a PDF document.

Updated table
View attachment Ticket Numbers Used 2019-01-04.pdf

Ticket numbers taken that have not been updated on the above table yet.

David_s PM and Email sent for 4 numbers. Reply received but all numbers picked had already been allocated.
Nearest numbers to your choices have been allocated to you.
51, 665, 915 and 254

Last edited:
It seems that posts within this thread are being moderated automatically - as I spot them I'll approve them.

I received a PM from timtheloon a couple of weeks or more ago and since then we have been discussing his idea and suggestion.

So the promised additional information is below.

Competition Time

Here is your chance to win an Amiga 4000D in a tower case for 3 euros yes 3 euros and this includes shipping (Worldwide).

Spec of winning machine:
A4000D motherboard fitted in a RBM tower (recapped by Bebek)
RBM bus board
030 A3630 Processor Board
Retina RTG Card
4GB CF card
CD Rom
Gotek Drive

Reason for this Competition: There are a few reasons for this competition
Reason #1: I need to reduce my Collection.

Reason #2: You may all know Sardine one of the Administrators on here you either love him or hate him :laugh: . So here is a little back story. Many moons ago I was chatting to Sardine and in this conversation I said “if I ever get an A4000T I will find a way to get him one of my spare A4000D” thinking to myself I was very unlikely to find one :laugh:, but true to my word, hopefully this is the way I can achieve this.

Reason #3: Gives a substantial donation to Amibay.

How the Competition is going to work:
Entries are €3 or £2.62 per entry, no limit on amount of entries, each entry gives you one chance to win this machine.
Entries will be entered into a random name picker after the competition closing date.
(
http://www.classtools.net/education-games-php/fruit_machine using the Typewriter option to pick the winning entry)

I need a minimum of 1000 entries this gives a goal total of €3000 this allows for:

€1000 to cover the cost off the winning machine and the cost of shipping it worldwide.
€1000 for sardines machine and shipping it to him.
€1000 donation to Amibay.

If the competition achieves more than 1000 entries the entry cost from then on will be divided between Amibay and me i.e. €1.50 (£1.32) Amibay & €1.50 (£1.32) to me.

If however the competition does not make the 1000 entries mark, sadly the competition will not be able to go ahead and you will be refunded or you can choose to leave your entry fee as a donation to Amibay. So your support on this competition is crucial for it to go ahead.

Payment will be sent to an Amibay controlled PayPal Account so I cannot go off spending it all :laugh:

Note:
Payment must be made as a Paypal Gift (Family and Friends) direct to donations@amibay.com
Please don't use the donations link within the forum as Paypal will deduct fees from your payment.

Entries will be listed on a table below like so MemberUserName (Entry 1) i.e timtheloon (Entry 1)
Entries from outside amibay can be accepted and these will be listed with Name & Site i.e J.J Smith Facebook (Entry 1)

The table will be created and maintained by AmiBay staff and will be updated within the competition thread on a regular basis.

Closing date of the competition will be 10th December 2018, so get your entries in ASAP. This will hopefully allow me to ship the Amiga to the lucky winner for a nice Christmas Present.

This Competition has been Authorised to go ahead by Amibay and will be monitored by Davideo.

So the crux of the matter is that we ideally need to sell 1,000 tickets or to be more accurate 999 as I purchased one earlier to test the Paypal system.

Although as long as we sell more than 667 tickets within the time limit of 10th December 2018 then the competition may conclude as we will have received the minimum required.

Of course the more tickets we sell the more that will be donated to your AmiBay.

Photographs of the machine will be posted towards the end of next week.

So to recap :-

Entries are €3 or £2.62 per entry, no limit on amount of entries, each entry gives you one chance to win this machine.
Payment must be made as a Paypal Gift (Family and Friends) to donations@amibay.com

Please make sure you put your user name and the word 4000 in the comments box of the paypal payment.

Last edited:
Competition Time
:wooha:Your Chance to win an Amiga 4000D in a RBM tower:thumbsup2:

:arms So here is what one lucky Amiga User could WIN :arms

An Amiga 4000D in a RBM tower with RBM busboard.

(It has a Gotek not a DD Floppy drive) my mistake.

Monitors for display purposes only shows retina showing display image.

6 front.jpg9 Startup .jpg8 Showing retina display image.jpg10 spec.jpg7 side.jpg

What's inside

Case 3.jpg5 case.jpg4 Case .jpg

Motherboard

Mptherboard 1.jpgmotherboard 2.jpg

Even non members of Amibay can enter, please contact davideo via competitions@amibay.com for more information

Last edited:
A slight workaround because posts in this thread are auto-moderated ;)

<Please see post #1 for the list of numbers already taken>

The new paypal address has not been sorted yet so for the time being please use donations@amibay.com

In the notes box please only enter your user name followed by the word 4000 - don't put anything else in the notes box.

Then in the other thread (https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?102428-How-to-pick-a-winning-ticket-in-a-raffle) please state what numbers you would like - you can't use a number that has already been chosen.

Preference will be given in the order posted.

I'll then add your numbers to the list and update this thread.

So for anyone that's waiting to buy tickets - please go ahead whenever you want.

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:
Tim sent me an Email a couple of weeks ago and for personal reasons I'd left it on the back burner to deal with after the anniversary of my fathers death.

Any how the problem is that due to unforeseen work commitments Tim will not be able to post the 4000 out until after Christmas as he has got to work up to the 23rd of December.

It would make sense not to have this hanging about in the postal system over the Christmas/New Year period so it will be sent out ASAP after the New Year.

So the closing date for the competition will be extended up to the end of the Christmas period if required.

The above is subject to the minimum tickets being sold.

We need to sell a lot more yet.

I'll be buying some more in memory of my dad as a way of hopefully donating to AmiBay and possibly getting a reward :)

I've tidied up this thread but don't worry all posts can still be seen by the Mods and Admins

Last edited:
@All

Just a quick update on this.

The table in post #1 has been updated with all of the requested numbers.

To date 282 tickets have been sold to 37 members.

Don't forget to buy your tickets if you would like to win the prize.

@All

Tim has been in touch and has confirmed that the competition for the machine will go ahead as we've raised enough to cover the cost + delivery of the 4000D.

Any spare money will be donated to AmiBay with a small percentage going to EAB as several of their members have joined in on the competition.

As previously stated Tim is unavailable due to work commitments until the 23rd December so the draw will be after Christmas.

So if you want to stand a chance to win this machine you know what to do.

Last edited:
@All

Tim has been in touch and has confirmed that the competition for the machine will go ahead as we've raised enough to cover the cost + delivery of the 4000D.

Any spare money will be donated to AmiBay with a small percentage going to EAB as several of their members have joined in on the competition.

As previously stated Tim is unavailable due to work commitments until the 23rd December so the draw will be after Christmas.

So if you want to stand a chance to win this machine you know what to do.

Any idea how the draw is going to be conducted so no one can cry foul?

I spoke to Tim Prior to Christmas and we have agreed that the competition will close at Midnight (GMT) on the 31st December.

The draw will take place on the 5th January at an agreed time. (Work commitments on my side will hold up the draw until then as I need to check all the chosen tickets are correctly allocated).

Any entries after the close of the competition will be refunded and will not be entered into the draw.

All we have to do now is to find a fair/verifiable method to make the draw. So please post any methods you can think of in the other thread.

Tim is available for the week beginning 7th January to get the system posted out to the lucky winner.

So if you want a chance to win the 4000D you had better get buying some tickets.

Thanks

Just a quick reminder that the competition closes tonight at midnight (GMT)

I've been mostly recovering today from last nights few drinks and spent the rest of the day with family.

Anyway the competition is now officially closed and the draw for the winner will be held on Saturday.

I'm at work for the next three days and need to double check all the numbers etc before then.

Looking at the thread regarding picking a random number the suggestion by Leffmann seems to be the way to go.

Go to https://random.org/lists/ and click Switch to Advanced Mode, paste in the list of sold tickets, select Use pregenerated randomization from 2019-01-05 or whatever future date you decide on, click Randomize, and the first ticket in the list is the winner.

So tonight I'll finish double checking all the numbers in the table.

Create a text list of only the numbers taken and a list with numbers taken and forum names.
These will all be posted within this thread before midnight (GMT).

I'll then use the above method with Saturdays date to create the winning number and post it in here.

Using the above information anybody will be able to verify the results.

Good luck to all those that entered.

And the lucky winner is LordDamo

Winner.jpg

If you would like to check/verify the result of the draw please see the instructions in the post #12.

All of the required information has been added to post #13.

Thanks to all those that have taken part.

Last edited:
Well done to LordDamo

Ill start wrapping up the machine this weekend to get it dispatched to It new home which I believe is now gonna be Australia, Might even pack myself :LOL:

remember to send your address to Davideo

Thanks for the opportunity davideo and Amibay

Thanks for the opportunity davideo and Amibay

Just wanted to thank everyone associated with this competition for the opportunity to win this amazing machine - it's quite an upgrade from my stock standard Amiga 500. Can't wait for this to take pride of place in my Computer room.

I've just got caught up with the new posts in this thread.

So just a little bump so you can see the thanks from LordDamo

Unfortunately this is stuck in Customs in Sydney and has been for about a week.

We've no idea why but we're trying to sort it out.

Ok the 4000D has landed and the parcel will be opened yesterday/today.

I'd like to thank all those that took part and help raise some much needed money for AmiBay.

A small donation was made to EAB in line with the number of tickets their members purchased.

A total of £132.57 was raised for AmiBay.

It was certainly a learning experience and lessons have been learned if this is done again in the future :D

Just to reiterate thanks to Tim and all those that took part. (y)

Back
Top Bottom