Thread: Amiga and Game Gear Recapping Services & Refurbished Amiga's UK Based

Country
    UK
    Region:
    Kent
    Feedback
    19 (95%)

Hello,

Yes i saw the negative feedback on Ebay (My first I must add) and as you have highlighted yes I did forget (I am human) I also have boards coming in from all different avenues not just Ebay, Ebay was the only one I offered to remove the modulator as part of the service.

When you have a stack of work you get into a pattern and I oversaw your one came from ebay which I apologised and was honest with you, I offered a gesture and it is only a gesture and again as I explained the majority of the cost of the work is parts, materials, labour and return postage. Removing the Modulator is a 60 sec job so £2 was I felt was gesture worth the mistake.

If its major issue and the whole job was hanging on the modulator being removed, return the board and I will do it, not an issue!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Retroactive View Post
    Received A1200 board back from AmigaPassion/Retroheaven87 today after having a premium recap...

The description of the premium recap includes "Removal of RF Modulator".... Upon checking the board, the RF Modulator was still there!

After PM'ing AmigaPassion/
    Retroheaven87, he said that he "must have forgot" to remove the RF Modulator and by way of apology, gave me a partial refund of a whole £2.00...
    Commodore Amiga Recapping and minor repairs to the entire Commodore Amiga range also Apple, Sega, Nintendo consoles and computers. - Check out our work on Facebook, Instagram and our website - www.retropassion.co.uk

Country
    UK
    Region:
    London
    Feedback
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MMaximus View Post
    sent Commodore PC40-III motherboard today as per PM

Attachment 156460
    Received Mobo yesterday, works done, everything working great - thanks for the great service!

Country
    UK
    Region:
    The Midlands
    Feedback

@Retroheaven87

Do you do the lcd upgrade meaning reduced battery usage in addition to the recapping service you provide for the Game Gear?

What would the price be? Thanks.

Country
    UK
    Region:
    The Midlands
    Feedback

@RetroPassion

I sent my SEGA Game Gear for recapping and RetroKai replacement backlight for fitting as per my PM on 07/01/2021. Royal Mail 'Track & Trace' shows it as delivered on 09/01/2021.

I look like Gizmo Treasurer
    Lead Moderator
    Amibayer!
    Administrator
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Boston, Lincs
    Feedback
    188 (100%)

@All

Thread moved to correct Sub Forum

Country
    UK
    Region:
    The Midlands
    Feedback

Paid for and collected Game Gear yesterday. Very pleased and good as new. Also dropped off my original boxed Matrix chip modded PS2 slim and assorted Japanese/American backup discs (4No.) to test and calibrate the laser which has been skipping in-game music or being very slow loading DVD-R and CD-R media.

Iíve never got it to recognise Twisted Metal Black NTSC DVD-R (Iíve got the PAL official game but wanted to see the censored FMV scenes), Demolition Girl CD-R and OutRun 2 SP JPN-Region were slow loading but mostly playable and Katamari Damacy NTSC took forever to load but we got a couple of 2-player games going (again Iíve got 2 copies of Coast to Coast PAL but the JPN release has far less slowdown, more animation etc).

Thanks for looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzerbigd View Post
    @RetroPassion

I sent my SEGA Game Gear for recapping and RetroKai replacement backlight for fitting as per my PM on 07/01/2021. Royal Mail 'Track & Trace' shows it as delivered on 09/01/2021.

Country
    UK
    Region:
    The Midlands
    Feedback

@RetroPassion

Any update on the PS2 repair? I’m sorry to nag but it’s just nice to play a bit of PS2 during the holidays. I understand you have a lot of work on. Thanks.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    Lancashire
    Feedback
    16 (100%)

Does anyone know the current turnaround time for Amiga recaps with Retropassion?

Country
    UK
    Region:
    Kent
    Feedback
    19 (95%)

We are bringing it down to 10/14 working days for recaps (any other work will be longer) thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

HI! Catching up on the backlog of jobs that need more attention, So will be getting to yours early August Thanks!!
    Commodore Amiga Recapping and minor repairs to the entire Commodore Amiga range also Apple, Sega, Nintendo consoles and computers. - Check out our work on Facebook, Instagram and our website - www.retropassion.co.uk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234