Fook42

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Country
Germany
Region
Niedersachsen
Hello,
i would like to share a small project i did.

the idea comes from the AMINET (here) and gives the following benefit to the IDE-Port of Amiga 4000D & 4000T and Amiga 1200 :
the IDE port usually provides 1 channel (Master+Slave). But in the Amiga the port contains 2 select lines (CS1 and CS3) where only one of them is currently used.
these 2 lines can be used to create 2 IDE-channels (each serving a Master and a Slave-Device) using only 2 Diods and some wiring.
So you end up with 4 IDE devices being connected to your System instead of only 2 :smile:

To be able to use the second channel, you will need a patched scsi.device !
But at this point the Adaptor is using the same mechanism as IDEFix! uses, so installing IDEFix (IDEMax)-Software will give you a new scsi.device that recognizes the 2nd channel properly. (this can be seen at the screenshot i attached - new scsi.device has a different version 119.19).

So i created some PCBs and with them complete Adaptors that can easily be plugged to the IDE-Connector on the Mainboard (A4000(T)) or using a 44pin->40pin-Adaptor to your A1200.

here is the result: (complete adaptor, PCBs, screenshot showing 3 devices on my Amiga4000, mounted in the A4000 - it fits perfectly under 2 ide-drives)

IMG_9497_kl.jpgIMG_9499_kl.jpg20161113_191018_kl.jpgIMG_5929_KL.jpg

price for assembled adaptors: 13 Euro 12 Euro 11 Euro + shipping
price for unassembled kit: 10 Euro 9 Euro 8 Euro+ shipping

shipping in germany: 4 Euro
shipping in europe: 5 Euro
[if you order more than 1 item, please ask for shipping-costs]

thanks,
fook42

EDIT: here is a small howto for installing the software for this adaptor: View attachment howto.pdf

Last edited:
UPDATE: .. also offering unassembled Adaptors (consist of PCB, Connectors, Diods) ..

price: see first post.

Last edited:
Adding one more to the interest, so interested in 3 (1 confirmed for a friend). Have sent PM to request total and payment details. Shipping to Australia for all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom