Filled Repair Philips CM8833-II - faulty switch and possible recap (Birmingham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

northerngit

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
England
Region
West Midlands
I'm based in Brum and have just acquired a CM8833-II, which worked for the first day... the switch then decided to fail! The unit turns on, but the switch won't latch. While I can take a look myself, I figured it might be a good idea to get a professional to look at the caps, and general state of the unit, in case it needs to further maintenance. Any recommendations?

Thanks! I've dropped him a PM. Fingers crossed, I was expecting having to drive a few hours to get it sorted :)

james dropped off the monitor today,ill be looking at it soon when i have a sec,just need to clear my bench

ill send a pm when its done,and update the thread again after

cheers people

this is now repaired,ill send james a message,it was uneventful really.

changed the switch and did over some dry joints nothing interesting,it passed a soak test as far as i can see its fine

Thanks for sorting this so quickly Roy - it really is appreciated! I'll catch you in my PMs! :)

Just to follow up - Roy did a fantastic job! The monitor is in excellent condition, and has seen some decent use over the past week, connected to a C64 and Amiga 1200. Really pleased, and grateful for Roy's time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom