For Sale New type of C128 VDC 64k expansion

Howdy, money sent. Check your PayPal :)
As for the c128d, If Im not mistaken, the full 64k VDC RAM was only implemented in the c128d cr version (metall case). I have the first plastic case version.
In any case, I also have 3 flat /wedge c128 so no problem with finding "hosts" for the uppgrade ;)
Cheers
Saruman-VDC works with any C128 which has the 8563 VDC. It is NOT compatible with the 8568 installed in some C128D.

AFAIK, all C128D of whatever kind are all equipped with 64k of VDC RAM so Saruman-VDC will do nothing for these machines.

Talking about plastic or metal C128 or wedge whatever means absolutely nothing to me. What matters is the board installed inside.

I have the C128D which was in the plastic case which has 16K of VDC RAM, so I am assuming this is the older chip? I can just plugin this and upgrade to 64k RAM?

I have the C128D which was in the plastic case which has 16K of VDC RAM, so I am assuming this is the older chip? I can just plugin this and upgrade to 64k RAM?
The correct way to find out is to check which type of VDC is installed in your C128/C128D. It can either be a 8563 or 8568.

Saruman-VDC is compatible with the 8563 only.

If you have a 8568 and only have 16k of VDC RAM, you can alternatively replace the 2 DRAM 16k x4 ICs on the board with a single Saruman 64 which is designed to provide the same RAM as a pair of 64k x4 DRAM ICs.

Hello, i am interested in one piece for my c128D plastic edition.I sent you a PM.
PM received and replied.

Since you mention this is for a C128D, I must ask you to confirm the VDC in your computer is a 8563 and that you have only 16k of VDC RAM. Some C128D are equipped with the 8568 which has a different pinout and these usually already have 64k of VDC built-in.

Back
Top Bottom