Not open for further replies.

Dr_Pyst

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
England
Region
London
Hi I am after an A1200 keyboard adaptor.
I presume the newer USB ones will give me easiest access to pc keyboards though I cant remember which of the older types require extra adaption for pc hardware.
I'm in London.
Hit me up and we will see what happens.

Thanks

@Dr_Pyst: Just out of curiosity: which keyboard adapter did you buy? (I have some experience with a USB-based one which fixes to U7 but I am also looking for one which fits on the keyboard MPU on U13)
(Also, the main issue with my adapter was that it expected a U.S (ANSI) layout keyboard to be connected to it or some keys were not working.)

Hi Drag0nFly I am expecting a Lyra2 from Sveta above.
I've never used one before I wanted to have it all in a wedge but I really want a tower.

Thanks for replying, feel free to let me know how you get on. I think the Lyra2 is actually the one which hooks up to the kybd MPU / U13 (as opposed to CIA(A) / U7 as the Sum and the electronica4u adapter which I am using)

Hi all
I have finally gotten arround to testing this after modifying it as I unwrapped it and it works fine. I havent tried any amiga shirtcuts with it yet but I can try out some if you want.

Thanks again :D

Sounds good @Dr_Pyst. :) I do have some quick questions:

- Do all the keys on your external keyboard work? I assume you have an ISO-layout kybd as you are in the U.K. On mine for instance the key to the left of the "z" did not work (normally produces ">" & "<"), and the two keys to the left of the inverse-L Return key (2nd row) were also dead. I assume this is due to my adapter expecting an ANSI-layout keyboard (although the adapter was made in Europe...)

It was also not possible (at all) to produce a "#" (which was done with Shift+3 in this layout, but I tried numerous layouts together with Alt/Shift modifier keys for all keys on the board - none of which produced a hash!). I finally worked around that by hacking the keymap in vim, placing it with a modifier which I knew worked. ;-) So now the AmigaOS wildcards for filenames can be used. But that last problem proved a little cumbersome until I realized that the keymaps were stored in more or less human-readable form.

- Does the original A1200 keyboard (assuming you have one) work at the same time as the adapter? It does with the one I have.

- Does Ctrl+Alt+Del work as Ctrl+L_Amiga+R_Amiga in order to reset it?

- And finally, do you use the Lyra2 in a bigbox Amiga or the original A1200 shell? (wrt. routing of USB-cable, etc.?)

Hi DragOnFly.
I will have to check all on monday because my power supply is in peices at the mo.
Yes the key next to Z make > and <.
I will check on the # symbol.
I do still have one but it will be a pig pain in the arse to test that...
Not tried yet.
Im making my own tower case so in that when its finished.

:D

Thanks for the info, @Dr_Pyst. Then at least I know that the adapter works with an ISO-layout. It'll probably work with the '#' key as well.
Obviously, the Ctrl+Alt+Del combo (or similar; such as Ctrl+L_Win+R_Win) is crucial though.

The reason I asked about the internal kybd working at the same time is due to it being used in an original A1200 case. However, since your adapter mounts to the keyboard MPU on U13 as opposed to CIA-A on U7 for mine (and the Sum adapter) it might behave differently wrt. intercepting/overriding the keyboard codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom