Sold Amiga Prelude 1200 (please read carefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmes

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
285   0   0
Country
Portugal
Region
Amadora
Hello!
After some people asking me I'm selling prelude 1200 for amiga 1200 or other with clockport . As I decided to reproduce the pcbs as close as possible to the original with corrected patches on PCB which were patching the original boards.I decided to assemble some extra boards. I will make more if there is demand for it!
Boards were tested in audio playback with Play16, AudioFX and Hippoplayer in various freqs and also recording more than 2 consecutive minutes in an A1200 040 with AHIRecorder.

I found out that latest prelude.audio is not always the best, because it was made with prelude z2 in mind, so it has also options for add in boards as arpeggiator.So if you buy this from me I will provide the adequate drivers for prelude 1200.

I will ask for each 125€ plus tracked postage worldwide (some places to be confirmed) and paypal fees (I cannot escape fees, payment is always as goods).

As usual, and since this uses old components from NOS (CS4231A , MACH211 and 7202), I cannot give any warranty on those. I also ask when you install it to pay attention to board orientation, if you do this wrong, you can burn the prelude and your amiga.

photo__01.jpgphoto__02.jpgphoto__03.jpg

Last edited:
Is it possible to use one of these without the 3.5mm breakout board? I'm after being able to use a CD audio cable from an optical drive for an input, and another as output. If that is possible, then consider me interested!

Some time ago you sold several Zorro II Preludes. Will there also be more of those anytime in the future?

@Cozzer79 It's not possible I'm afraid :( it has a CD input though.

@torsti76 those boards are very expensive to make, right now it's not in my plans, maybe in a near future :)

@Cozzer79 It's not possible I'm afraid :( it has a CD input though.

@torsti76 those boards are very expensive to make, right now it's not in my plans, maybe in a near future :)
Thank you for the info. I'll continue to monitor your sales... ;-)

First post updated, some people got confused about the board functionality with latest drivers. It works the same way, but it has extra options, because driver was made with prelude z2 in mind also, 24bit recording is only available in prelude z2 with arpeggiator, prelude 1200 doesn't have this option.

Last edited:
hi, i'm curious if you or anyone else knows if this version of the prelude is compatible with octamed soundstudio? i've read that the prelude is compatible with OSS with something like a fake toccata.library, but its unclear if that works for this card or only the z2 version...

if anyone can confirm that this does work with octamed, then i am definitely interested! :)

hi, i'm curious if you or anyone else knows if this version of the prelude is compatible with octamed soundstudio? i've read that the prelude is compatible with OSS with something like a fake toccata.library, but its unclear if that works for this card or only the z2 version...

if anyone can confirm that this does work with octamed, then i am definitely interested! :)

After some tests, only my prelude z2 works with fake toccata.library, prelude1200 doesn't, original or the one I made. There is a solution, you can themaestrix, and all cards will work in octamed in playback, all other cards in a1200 may not sample audio.

After some tests, only my prelude z2 works with fake toccata.library, prelude1200 doesn't, original or the one I made. There is a solution, you can themaestrix, and all cards will work in octamed in playback, all other cards in a1200 may not sample audio.

hey thanks for looking into that, much appreciated :)

Hi marmes,
I received your Prelude re.build. However it runs crackling sound with Hippoplayer over AHI.
Also the Card gets really hot when playing.
Adjusted Drivers to older Version found on Aminet paula.audio 2.30. (m68k-amigaos-ahidrv) This seems to improve crackling and occasional whitenoise a bit, but not entirely. After playing a while the sound gets corrupted.

Last edited:
CS4231A gets hot, even in Prelude Z2, mach211 can also get hot, it's normal, you didn't specify the configuration of your amiga. I tested these cards with my 1200 with 040, I found no problems with crackling or white noise in playback. Please send me PM to further discussion. Also paula.audio doesn't work with prelude, you need prelude.audio.

- - - Updated - - -

Please make this as sold, I have no more for sale, and I'm seeing what's wrong with kunglao's board, for sure we will find a solution :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom