For Sale AA3000+ Amiga 3000 AGA motherboard PCBs

interested with some q´s.

interested with some q´s.

Hey! I am also interested. But i have some questions. 30 pages in this thread, and i couldnt read through them all. Hopefully that does not bother anyone.

Awesome project btw.

I am NOT qualified to do ANY soldering. I think i read somewhere that Hese (?) or someone else (?) could help out ? OR can one order a complete board with EVERYTHING onboard. So all i would have to do is to put my Z2/Z3 cards on this new board. Could anyone elaborate on this ?

A3000/BigRam+, ZZ9000, 3.1.4.1 ( soon Warp 4060 )

@HANsolo
Few items, great to hear your interest. Hopefully Hese will get enough interest to make more boards. The AA3000+ board is simply awesome, you will definitely enjoy it.

Once you get confirmation that the board is going to be produced again, put a listing in the services forum here to see who will put it together for you. You will be responsible for sourcing the chips for it, I would start that now to be ready. If you find a dead 3000 and 4000 board, it would be a great start. The DSP thanks to Wrangler looking promising. Now that Hedeon has the DB working to some extent, now is a great time to start planning to get one.

You say soon for the warp 4060? Last I heard it would be long while, do you know something there?

Last edited:
@HANsolo
Few items, great to hear your interest. Hopefully Hese will get enough interest to make more boards. The AA3000+ board is simply awesome, you will definitely enjoy it.

Once you get confirmation that the board is going to be produced again, put a listing in the services forum here to see who will put it together for you. You will be responsible for sourcing the chips for it, I would start that now to be ready. If you find a dead 3000 and 4000 board, it would be a great start. The DSP thanks to Wrangler looking promising. Now that Hedeon has the DB working to some extent, now is a great time to start planning to get one.

You say soon for the warp 4060? Last I heard it would be long while, do you know something there?

Hey matt3k:
Thanks for answering. I was hoping i could use the parts/chips from my working A3000. Do i need anything else ? Sorry if i ask stupid q´s.

The Warp 4060 is THAT far away if my source is correct. Got a 060 rev6 waiting for it.

Hese’s first post covers everything you need to do to get an AA3000+. He will order the two pcb’s and will provide a complete BOM for both pcbs including a ready-filled Mouser cart with all necessary component for you to order. However, as he writes, you need to source AGA Amiga custom chips plus other custom ICs, so even with a 3000 as a donor board for a number of components you will still have to find many chips, some of which are getting rather rare. Hese will completely assemble the two pcbs at extra cost.

My advice would be to PM him and discuss what is necessary, especially if you have a 3000 to donate chips from as this may bring the overall costs down somewhat.

I think £500 is a ball-park figure for the custom chips and other ICs before you’ve even paid for the BOMs, the pcbs and any assembly fee.

Generally, I would say an (unfixable) A4000 is a better donor than an A3000 to get the AGA chipset.

@all
At the moment I don't have more PCBs left to sell but you can declare interest here and I'll get back to you when I'm about to organize another group order.

Interested in 2 PCBs plus 2 component set if still available

- - - Updated - - -

If not available, still interested on 2 PCBs plus 2 component set for another batch! TIA

- - - Updated - - -

Declaring interest again on2 PCB´s and 2 component sets so that I can PM you :)

I will begin collecting payments for the Group Order #5 now. The group order will be open till 24th January, you have till the end of that day to send the payment.

After 1 year of COVID 19 roller-coaster, I finally received from my builder in Europe the wonderful AA3000+ from our Amiga guru above all: Hese.
Long due positive feedback left just now - I am still in shock due to the quality of the design of this incredible machine!
Now next creation from Hese to be built ! :)

Back
Top Bottom