Closed ROM VIC20-C64-1541-(SX64) Test & fix ROM-sets: 8xMultiROM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCes

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Rome
The 8xMultiROM is a settable ROM: the perfect tool for check & replace a ROM-failure into your VIC20, C64, 1541, (SX64).

The 8xMultiROM contain the image of:
-C64 KERNAL 901227-03
-C64 BASIC 901226-01
-C64 FONT 901225-01
-"L" 1541 325302-01
-VIC KERNAL 901486-07 (PAL)
-VIC KERNAL 901486-06 (NTSC)
-VIC BASIC 901486-01
-"H" 1541 901229-05

For the VIC20 character (font) ROM a specific solution is needed,
SX64 KERNAL can be tested with C64 KERNAL but it has to be replaced with a specific ROM not included (ask me for it)

8 MultiROM is available in two different option: the 'Tester' and the 'Replacer'.
The Replacer is intended to stably replace a ROM, it's image is selectable by soldering 3 pads on rear (on request I can set it for you).
The Tester is intended as tool for troubleshooting, the ROM binary image can be easy selected with DIP-SWITCH for an easy ROM-check.

This ROMs need a lot less power than originals, this will lowering the internal computer temperature and also of the PSU...

This circuits will be assembled on request, also on sale elsewhere.

5€/PCs 8xMultiROM (Replacer)
5€/PCs Font ROM for VIC20
15€/PCs Tester-8xMultiROM
Minimum order: 10€+ shipping + PPfees

For other ROM please look:https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?88631-ROM-2364-substitute-EPROM-27HC641

P_20200103_093052.jpgP_20200102_160855.jpgP_20200102_163759.jpgP_20200102_163715.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies for the newbie question, I need for my VIC 20, the basic ROM, i.e. 901486-01 and I like also, the Tester ROM for troubleshooting. Both of them are drop in replacements, and have 24 pins like my faulty one ?

I need for my VIC 20, the basic ROM, i.e. 901486-01 and I like also, the Tester ROM for troubleshooting. Both of them are drop in replacements, and have 24 pins like my faulty one ?

All "8xMultiROM" have 24 pin to be plugged directly on the socket of the original ROM that is intended to replace.
If you want an already selected image on a "replacer", remeber to ask me for it: I'll select it for you before shipping.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm interested in two tester ROMs.
Sending PM right now.

Money received!

Last edited:
Interested in one, replacer VIC BASIC 901486-01 and one Tester-8xMultiROM, assembled, pending shipping cost to CYPRUS

It's been asked if these ROMS fall under the below copyright rules ??

Programmable 'Firmware' devices

Please note that 'Firmware' devices containing software code are subject to the same rule of trading as ALL software on AmiBay.

Firmware is that part of a programmable medium which can be used for storing startup or any code indicative to the operation of a system-

This covers ROM, PROM, EPROM, Flash and Microcontroller technologies.

To openly trade in these items, you must ensure that you own the code / software that is stored on these device(s) or provide them as blank / empty for future programming.

You can only provide programmed items or offer a service to program this technology where you are able to provide proof that the code or software programmed is in either the public domain / open source, or owned by you as part of a transferrable licence.

This rule applies to, but is not limited to, the following common technologies:-
Trans-Flash adapters (i.e R4/DSOne), Console Mod chips, EPROM (including OTP Roms), Micro-Controllers and SD / SDHC media or other solid state storage devices.

If you have any doubt or concern about a device you are considering selling or buying, please contact a member of staff for assistance.

Please note: Amibay accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of descriptions of goods offered via the site.

Providing Services: Backing up, upgrading software and or firmware
As the requester you must own a licensed copy of the firmware/software
As the requester you must provide sufficent proof of ownership to the service provider.
As the service provider you must comply with copyright law and only provide services to legitimate license holders only.

Legal Disclaimer
Amibay does not and will not condone copyright infringement, you should be aware that this activity may be against the law in some countries - it is your civic duty to abide by the laws of your country
Amibay does not accept any legal liability through the use of services provided by members, nor does AmiBay accept any liabilty of loss through the missuse of services provided by members.
Members that solicit or provide this service do so under the their own onus. Should either party infringe copyright; they, and not AmiBay will be held legally responsible.

1) the ROMs .bin are in the public domain,
2)this ROMs are offered explicitly as REPLACEMENT for repairing computers that already contain legal ROMs: the buyer is already the owner of the "intellectual property" inside the new rom that replace the old one (Backing up).

If other clarifications are needed please PM me,
Any suggest to make my thread more clearly adherent at rules will be appreciated, PM me,
thanks

No.

The Ultimate 64 comes with no Commodore firmware for a reason. Also, the firmware that is/was provided with the C64 Reloaded MK1 and MK2 was licensed from Cloanto.

The C64 and VIC-20 firmware provided with TheC64 and TheC64 Mini are licensed. Confirmed on https://retrogames.biz/

No.

The Ultimate 64 comes with no Commodore firmware for a reason. Also, the firmware that is/was provided with the C64 Reloaded MK1 and MK2 was licensed from Cloanto.

The C64 and VIC-20 firmware provided with TheC64 and TheC64 Mini are licensed. Confirmed on https://retrogames.biz/

This is a difficult one..

if the "broken" rom in a c64 needs replacing I would think it's acceptable to "burn" a replacement to repair the C64 as you do own the licence from the "broken" rom in the C64.

the devices you mention are NEW devices requiring a NEW licence.

Original Commodore C64 hardware units have their licences paid in full during the manufacturing process, so If i read this correctly these "NEW" eproms are to diagnose and replace existing faulty hardware.

If my C64 failed i would by the tester rom and try it in each rom slot until my c64 hopefully sprang back to life. wether you use a tester or replace you still OWN the licence in the C64 thats faulty.

I would agree if it was a NEW c64 PCB built from the ground up then Licences would be required but these are sold as a repair part.

Last edited:
Interested again if available , will PM soon

5€/PCs 8xMultiROM (Replacer)-One piece
5€/PCs Font ROM for VIC20-One piece
15€/PCs Tester-8xMultiROM-One piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom