AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Dorset
Morning all,

A brief request to keep things ticking over in these uncertain times.

I have recently taken an old A500 out of storage, and it is working well. I then decided it needed a few bits and pieces to drag it into the late 20th Century, so have added a 2MB chipram upgrade and also a Wicher 508i accelerator and IDE controller. I also acquired a fully licensed install of Workbench 3.1 as well as a licensed Cloanto 3.1 ROM.

Now, this is where it gets interesting! I couldn't boot the CF card - maybe because I requested the re-seller to install it for an A600 - but I get nothing from it. I have tried other CF cards, and get it to a screen saying it can't boot, or the AMiga equivalent of such. Hardly surprising as that card was for an A1200 with an Apollo '060!

I have eliminated the CF card, adapter and cable as the cause of the problem. It seems to be a setup issue. I don't mind working on hardware, there is a clear path and only so many things that can go wrong. Software however drives me nuts :censored:

Therefore, can anyone set me up a CF card with Workbench 3.1 for the A500? I can provide proof of my license and will obviously pay for the CF card etc.

If you can help, let me know!

:)

Hi mate, PM me the size of one of your CF cards in bytes.

I.e 3,700,000 I should be able to put you a working installation together that will fit on your CF (you'll need to use Winimage to write it back) please send me full spec of your Amiga and proof of ownership for any software/workbench version you want installed.

Cost = free

Hi Greg, having trouble replying to PMs but will sort for you this evening. Cheers for all the info/proof.

A very big thank you to Steve, this has now been sorted and all is running well - seems I had a config issue on the card I had!

Now time to reminisce!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom