Offered US Based Amiga recap service and Amiga 2000 Repair

tandrews_ny

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
US
Region
Rochester, NY
Greetings. I am the founder of Amiga of Rochester, a US based Amiga and Mac repair company.

Here is a list of our services:
  • General soldering tasks like building a board (through hole and surface mount!)
  • Amiga 2000 board refurbishing - Corrosion repair
    - CPU Socket replacement
    - MLCC Capacitor replacement
    - Via clean out and reflow
    - Trace repair
  • Game console modifications
    - NESRGB
    - Console recapping
  • Amiga Recapping
    • CD32
  • Macintosh Recapping
    • LC I/II/III logic board and power supply
    • Performa 575/550
    • Macintosh II
    • SE/30

Last edited:
We are now also offering recapping for many home game consoles and computers such as the Apple Classic.

We are holding a holiday sale, reach out to us and we'll be happy to get a quote ready for you!

We are holding a holiday sale, reach out to us and we'll be happy to get a quote ready for you!

I noticed your most recent post of 2 Jan 2021. i know that was one year and one day ago. I would like to have my A2000 board repaired and recapped. It was working as recently as December 2021. I also have a second A2000 motherboard which looks repairable which I will give you in exchange for services. I am located in Los Angeles County, California 90631. Attached are photos of my two boards. The one that I wish repaired has the power supply connected. The other one i will give you. I can send both. Tnanks jnfweber@gmail.com Jack Weber
A-2000-3.jpg
Board.jpg

Hi, I sent a PM describing what happened to my A1200. It seems to have revived operation although Amiga Test Kit still reports a CIA failure. I still may go for a recap and maybe socket the CIAs in case of failure completely. All I did to get it going was pressing on the CIAs and reconnecting everything. I had put in a new Scandounbler before all this happened. Could it have messed up timing. I disconnected that Scandoubler that did not work well anyway. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello, Do you still recap Amiga motherboards? I have many in need of service. Tried the contact form on your website, no reply. Please let me know. Thanks!

Hello everyone. We're still actively helping people restore their amigas. We also work on Macs of the 68k variant. I will be updating the description in the main post soon!

Back
Top Bottom